enemies with benefits | 8

Chapter Eight: Bottom of the Bottle

***

I don't know how long we were in that classroom for. I don't know how long his lips were on mine and how long I had to desperately cling onto control in the fear it'd lead to something more. But I did know what I wanted to say to him - the truth I'd been hiding this whole time.

When we pulled apart, he remained close to me, not making any effort to step back or pull himself away. And I didn't make that effort either - I desired to have him nearby.

"Okay." I finally said. "Let's do it."

He raised an eyebrow. "Seriously? This is what it took to convince you?"

"What, do you not want to hook up with me anymore?"

He paused, and then smiled. "Not even close. Okay, if you're sure about this, let's do it. Give me your number."

Taking a deep breath, I decided to do just that - before long, we had each other's numbers and we exited the classroom.

Alexander, the lucky guy, had a car, so as soon as we left the building he left my side straight away. I was glad for it, because I was still trying to come to terms with the fact I agreed to hook up with him again. Yes, this is something I've wanted since the start. No, I don't regret my decision - not exactly, anyway.

But still. What could have possessed me to have made such a choice? What made me think this was a good idea that would pan out well for me?

I didn't have much time to question my choices as I felt someone's hands weigh down on my shoulders. It wasn't Alexander, because he just drove off. But nobody else bothered to interact with me the majority of the time, afraid of Alexander's wrath.

Upon turning around, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was Daisy. I was also startled - Daisy was supposed to have only been studying for an hour. Had Alexander and I really spent that long in the classroom? It felt like a lot less time than that.

"I thought you left already." Daisy said with a smile, coming to my side. "Did you wait for me?"

I swallowed a lump in my throat. "Sort of? I sort of got... left behind for... something."

Of course, I wasn't about to explain everything. I didn't want to say how I had sex with Alexander and the small tidbits of memories I had from that night indicated I really enjoyed it. I didn't want to say how after that, I kissed him twice - all while sober. And I most certainly did not want to tell her that I was likely going to have sex with him again after agreeing to be his booty call.

But thankfully, I didn't have to. Daisy didn't read into what I said - which was either because she had no idea or realised I didn't want to elaborate. Either way, I was grateful for this, and took a deep breath as a sense of relief.

While walking home, she told me all about her study session with Tyler. The whole time, she seemed so excited about everything - and I was excited for her too. She'd been crushing on the boy for so long that it's nice to see it finally paying off.

She told me all about the now-dubbed 'pencil incident', where she dropped her pencil and both of them went to pick it up, their hands touching and their faces inches away from each other's. Quite frankly, I found the whole thing very adorable, and something straight out of a romcom.

Daisy was so lucky. Here she was, having an extravagant romance with a seemingly good guy, and I was here, completely romance-less.

My only hope for romance would come in college, where I didn't have a childish guy keeping them away. Seriously, I had to ask him about that sometime; it definitely wasn't a jealousy thing because I'm about as attractive as a fly to him, and it wasn't an ego thing because plenty of girls gave him their undivided attention (for reasons still unknown, though I suspect black magic.)