XVI. Suspicions

Chapter 16, Suspicions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Don't make me play Sweater Weather because I will, don't play with me. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

As we arrived home, I ran straight upstairs and into Dani's room.
She was watching Euphoria, so she jumped a little when she heard her door open and shut fast.

"New letter!"

I said happily as I shook the envelope in my hand.
She smiled and moved her from bed to her desk, sitting on her swivel seat and motioning me to come over.
This had become our thing, I receive a letter and we read it together before we write back.

"Okay, are you ready to open it?"

Dani asked me, I needed a moment to breathe but then I nodded with a wide smile.
She opened the envelope carefully and began to read it, it was so cute and thoughtful.

Well if that's what I need to do to continue talking to you, I'll certainly be happy to do it.
Your compliment on my eyes and voice were very kind, I appreciate it.
Now do tell me, what's your favorite color?
I'm hoping to hear back from you soon, you've got my attention as well and I'll admit, I like it way more than I've expected.
Your smile certainly made my day.

Love, Your Secret Admirer

Butterflies came alive in my stomach, although it wasn't as cute as other girls thought, it was enough to make me blush.
Dani grabbed a purple glitter pen and loose leaf, she looked at me with a smile.

"Alright, what's your favorite color Nat?"

Dani asked as she began to write quickly, she had beautiful cursive lettering that I was always jealous of.
She wrote quite fast and made sure to use the correct punctuation.

"Baby blue and Lavender, you can choose."

After about twenty minutes of writing, Garrett walked in and plopped down on her bed, he turned on Netflix and began to watch Criminal Minds.

"Read it and then put it in an envelope, do not dirty or lose it."

Dani warned as she handed me the neatly written letter, I grabbed an envelope and began to read the letter.

Well if you must know, my favorite color is lavender.
It's very calming and quite gorgeous to look at, don't you agree?
I must be very good looking and a great writer if you're so excited to continue talking to me.
Now for the question of the day, whose your favorite boxer?

Love, The One You're Admiring

I smiled and put the note in the envelope, I grabbed the note that my secret admirer left me and skipped out of Dani's room after hugging and thanking her.
I went straight to my room and began to listen to my Spotify playlist when Garrett barged into my room.

"I need help, I'm falling in love."

Garrett spat out so fast that I was left with a confused look on my face, he repeated himself once more as he lied down beside me.
I smiled at my brother, he had found someone to fall in love with.

"Is it a boy or girl?"

I asked curiously as I went scrolling through my playlist, skipping certain songs.
Garrett rolled his eyes and scoffed at me, very suspicious anyways.

"I am straight! Stop assuming I'll fall in love with the opposite gender."

Garrett said with a smile at his face which seemed to raise my suspicions on his sexuality.

" Don't make me play Sweater Weather because I will, don't play with me. "

I responded with a small giggle following behind it, Garrett scoffed and stood up before leaving, he put one of my picture frames facing down and stuck his tongue out.
I laughed and watched as the door closed, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Which isn't a good idea.