LXI. Welcome Home

Chapter 61, Welcome Home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If you want me to trust you and forgive you, you have to work for it. I've learned to stop being a push over. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

It was time for me to go home, I was wearing sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt, Euphoria ended in August, I was hit by a car in early September.
I'm leaving the hospital in the middle of October, I had a lot to catch up in school.

I put on my Crocs and brushed my hair in a low messy ponytail, Jaden walked in the room with a smile.
He grabbed my hand and we walked out of the room happily, he told me that he's now dating Dani and he couldn't be more happy.
Of course I was happy for them, I mean they truly found love thanks to me.

We walked to the car and he helped me into the backseat, Jayla was driving us to my house.
I watched as the scenery changed, everything was going in a blur.

We got to my house, Jaden helped me out and wrapped his arm around my waist and I wrapped my arm around his neck.
My thigh had the cut, it appeared last week when I accidentally fell.

We got inside and immediately was congratulated with my arrival, I smiled and sat down on the couch.
After some moments, I went to the kitchen to grab some lemonade when Javon walked in.

"I'm the last person you want to see but please, I know I messed up a bunch of times but I can't not talk to you."

Javon said as he walked over to me, I looked away from him and nodded slowly.
I had to make a careful decision, I didn't want people to call me dumb.

"Javon, you hurt me a bunch of times."

I said, he winced at my words, I'm guessing it caused him to remember the times I had gotten hurt whenever we argued.

I looked away and sighed, I looked back at him and smiled.

"I just want us to be good again, even if you're going to be with someone else."

He finally said, I nodded again.
I had no idea what to say, I wanted him to just give me time to process everything.

" If you want me to trust you and forgive you, you have to work for it. I've learned to stop being a push over. "

I said, I was proud of myself for setting a bit of boundary between us.
People needed to know that I was done being a door mat, I needed respect and I was going to get it.

Javon nodded and smiled, he went to give me a hand shake but I denied it.
Instead I pulled him into a hug, he hugged back after a moment and pulled away.

I grabbed my cup and went to the living room, we began to talk about the things I missed.
Mila and Milo already said their first words and ate their first solid foods, I was upset that I missed that but glad that I'll be here to witness the rest of their firsts.

As the sun set and everyone left, I sat in the living room alone and in the dark.
I learned to be comfortable alone, whether it meant dying alone or not.

I closed my eyes and opened them, suddenly there was a sound coming from the kitchen.
I've faced death so many times to be scared of dying already, I got up from the couch and saw Elizabeth.

The song Are You With Me? By Nilu played in my head, my eyes watered as I saw my favorite person angel.
She had a gorgeous halo hovering over her head and gorgeous white wings.

She was wearing a beautiful white dress and a flower crown, I looked at her and smile.

We come into the world, worse for the wear. But the fathers are not ours to bear.

I felt my breath hitch, I looked at her and everything went back into slow motion.
I felt like nothing could harm me when I was in presence of Elizabeth, she looked at me with a smile as well.

She opened her arms and in slow motion I felt, I ran over to her.

Don't give up, no not yet.

As I got closer to her, I slowly stopped running and went into a sprint.

Are you with me? Are you in, or are you out?

I leaped into her arms, she caught me and twirled me around.
For the first time I didn't cry, but I let out a laugh.

After a moment she set me down and kissed my forehead before she vanished into thin air, I went to bed praying we would see each other again.

Even if it meant I'd die at an early or later age, I wanted to see her.