LVII. Race Against Time

Chapter 57, Race Against Time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I don't want to die Elizabeth. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

I wasn't able to wake up again, as much as I tried I was still asleep.
I found myself in the field of dandelions, I ran through the field trying to find a way out but it was no use.

I screamed and shouted for help but I was fully alone, I walked around and grabbed a handful of dandelions and threw them around.
I was running around when I bumped into something, I groaned and held my chest.
I looked up and jumped on my feet, wrapping my arms around the person in front of me.

"Elizabeth!"

I said breathlessly, I felt her arms wrap around my waist and she pulled me close and tightly.
I didn't dare let her go, I wanted to hold on to her forever.

"I'm here, I'm here don't worry."

Elizabeth cooed as she rubbed my back, I smiled as the tears from my eyes found their way to her dress sleeves.
That's when I noticed we were both dressed in white, we had flower crowns as well.

"What are you doing here?"

She asked me concerned for me, I was confused.

"I woke up here, I've been here before."

I said with a nervous smile, I didn't want her to freak out but she grabbed my hand and began to run.
Confused, I ran with her.

"Where are we going?"

I asked as I slowly began to run out of breath, it was the same sigh, dandelions were everywhere.
Elizabeth stopped running, giving me a chance to catch my breath and give my legs a break.
She looked at me and grabbed my shoulders, she looked afraid which worried me even more.

"You're not supposed to be here, I am not supposed to be here either."

She said but it only confused me even more, if I weren't supposed to be here then why did I wake up here?
Is there something she's hiding from me?

If it's something that was going to freak me out then I wouldn't want to tell me either but I was nervous and needed to know.
Elizabeth grabbed my hand again and started running once more, I was annoyed that I didn't get an answer.

Besides she's supposed to be back on earth with her family, so why was she here?
More importantly, what did she mean when she told me we weren't supposed to be here.
I didn't have time to ask anymore questions, the sun set and it was now night.

The moon was shining bright down on us, the stars looked gorgeous to me.
They reminded me of the night I had my first kiss with Javon, oh how I missed him.

"Elizabeth can we just take a moment to breath and give our legs a break?"

I asked as my legs began to cramp up, I needed a moment to relieve myself as well.
Elizabeth stopped and looked at me, her eyes were red and puffy.

We were running so much that I didn't get a good chance to look at her face, whatever she knew must have been killing her.
I wiped her tears away and looked at her confused, she grabbed my hand as her lip quivered.

I felt her cold skin on mine, I took a deep breath and looked at her.
My heart rate increased as she shook, I was starting to get really scared.

"Do you feel how cold I am?"

She asked, I nodded slowly as she moved her hands out of mine.
She was freezing cold, I started to shiver as well.

That's when her eyes went wide and she grabbed my arm this time, she pulled me and ran even faster than last time.
I was exhausted with all this grabbing and running, I needed some answers.

I didn't care how bad the news was, I just needed to know why she's so focused on getting me out of here.
Finally we met the end of the dandelion field but we were met with the beginning of a forest.

I got scared, I didn't do forests at night considering the fact that many people have gone missing and even gotten murdered.
She looked at me and didn't wait for my reaction when she began to pull me into the forest.

We walked for a bit, making sure we didn't get hurt.
My question is where were we and where are we headed?

"Elizabeth! Stop."

I said softly, it was time I got some answers.
I needed to know what was going on before I went ahead and followed her into the unknown.

She didn't stop though, she continues pushing through the branches and leaves.
I scoffed and pulled my arm away from her, she looked at me annoyed.

"Just time me what is going on!"

I shouted at her, she stood there as if she was gathering the right words that wouldn't scare me away.

"You're dying Natalie!"

She screamed at me, causing me to flinch and move back a bit.
I wasn't ready for that at all, she grabbed my hand and I immediately felt how colder she was than last time.

"I'm dying Natalie, if we don't get out of here then we're both dead."

My mouth was open now, I didn't want die even if I joked around about it.
I nodded slowly and we continued going through the forest.

" I don't want to die Elizabeth. "

I said softly, she hugged me tightly and rubbed my back.
I sighed and smiled into her shoulder, we were going to get out of here alive.

We began to run again to find our way out.

It was a race against time, I was determined to win.