XVIII. Boxing Match

Chapter 18, Boxing Match
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Why is everyone screaming? I am so confused! "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

It was the day of the boxing match and I hardly slept all night, I was quite excited for my brother and for Javon.
I'd be even more excited if I knew anything about boxing, all I knew was that there was punches and dodging and winners.

I got up from bed and went to my bathroom, I brushed my teeth and took a warm shower.
I was trying to figure out what to wear when I decided I'd wear a Yankees jersey with a white crop top with black ripped jeans and my black converse.

I brushed my hair back and left it down, I didn't do any make up because what was the point?
I grabbed a small bookbag and added my essentials before I went downstairs.

Everyone was at the dining table eating breakfast except for mom and Garrett, Garrett was most likely at the gym and mom was working a shift at the hospital.
So it was my job to get Ainsley and Dani to the gym with me.

After we ate breakfast, I grabbed the car keys and left the house.
I got into the driver's seat and began to drive, we were jamming out to Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift.

After some minutes we arrived to the gym, I parked the car and all three of us left the car.
When we arrived, Ainsley ran to Garrett, squeezing him in a tight hug.

I laughed and hugged him once Ainsley got off, I went off to the crowd and sat in the front row.
I was scrolling through TikTok until the announcer began to bring out the two boxers.

"From the red corner, Linnnnnn Qiunan!"

Half of the crowd went wild, screaming and shouting at the boxer once he stepped into the ring.

"And from the blue corner, Javon, Wanna Waltonnnnnnn!"

I cheered along with the Waltons and my sisters as Javon went into the ring smiling.
I had no idea what was going on but if the crowd cheers, I cheer.

Soon the two boxers started fighting, it seemed like a good fight until everyone started screaming and booing Lin.
I was so confused, I probably looked just like Faye from Euphoria minus the oversized balloons she called lips.

" Why is everyone screaming? I am so confused! "

I asked Jaden who seemed pissed off, everyone was standing up except for me.
I stood up as well and had seen Javon on the ground covering his face, now I was confused and mad.

"That kid gave Wanna a cheap shot!"

Jaden answered angrily, he took his hat off and placed it on the chair.
The Ref asked if Javon was okay, he has a cut lip and a cut cheek but Javon chose to continue the fight.

I watched closely as Javon made sure to not let his guard down, he blocked every punch he could and continued to throw fast punches.
After some time, the match ended with Javon winning.

We all cheered and I smiled, Garrett couldn't do his match since his opponent forfeited because he had to go home due to family emergencies.
As we walked off and away from the crowd, I noticed Javon walking out.

Out of instinct, I ran over to him and jumped onto him.
I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

"You did amazing Wanna."

I whispered into his ear as I slowly pulled away from the hug, I got a good look at his face.
A busted lip, cut cheek, bloody nose but he was wearing a smile that nobody could wipe.

"Come over and I'll clean you up."

I offered to which he accepted before running off with his family, I found Garrett talking to a boy.
I'll admit, I smiled to myself because he was finally embracing himself.

He said his goodbyes and walked over to me with a huge smile, I didn't ask any questions and instead just hugged him.
We got into the car and drove home, i just wish I understood boxing more.

Garrett decided we would watch some boxing movies on the weekend and he would explain it to me.
A great brother he is.