Morana

I turn over in bed as an alarm clock starts to ring. My head spins from yesterday. The family is out, again. This is my fourth foster family, they are nicer than ones before, but you can't say there angels, more like devils. The family is out drunk most of the times, and the house is a mess.

I quickly change into tight black jeans and a crop top. I don't own many belongings as I move around from house to house. In less than 10 minutes, I've cleaned the house. I must, or else the family will beat me. But it will all stop tonight. Tonight, I am running away, forever. And its just my luck, as the family will be away for some time.

School starts in less than 20 minutes, I run out with my small backpack, I am 5 minutes late, but as it is normal the teacher just excuses it. "Late again Morana? Just sit down." The teacher turns back to the class as I quietly sit down in the back. I stick some earphones into my ear and tune out, until someone shakes me. 

"Excuse me? Morana? The teacher is calling you!!!" I turn angrily towards the sound and pluck my earphones out. The teacher is snapping her fingers at me while a kid next to me is looking at me in confusion.

"What?" I look to the teacher. "I asked you what the answer was to *********" The teacher blabs on and I quickly say, "The answer to x is 3.5a and the answer to y is 4.5bv." The teacher looks startled, probably because I answered right. "Good, Morana." The teacher then turns and blabs on about math. 

School is finally over and soon its dark. I don't waste any time packing my 'very' limited belongings. I creep around, until I find an old shed with broken hinges. It will do, for now. I settle in as I think about tomorrow.

(2 years later)

"Get ready. You will be fighting A.Sol today." My manager, and closest friend, Steven pulls out his clipboard. Like anyone, I started from the bottom and crawled my way up. I escaped from the foster family 2 years ago, and I started underground fighting to make some money. 

I now live in the extra room here. Its better than the shed I used to spend time in. IT feels like ages ago, but some part of me still keeps the memory close. I'm better off now though, stronger and faster than ever. This is my life.

"A.Sol? Are you kidding me? Who is this guy?" I smirk at him, anyone with the name 'A.Sol' just ran out of ideas. Steven squints at me. "Don't be fooled. He's listed as a VIP, he's someone important. You know we don't list just anyone as a VIP." 

"Right, whatever you say." I come down from the training area into the actual ring. A man with a black suit and mask is standing there. I jump into the ring and get ready. I have a small dagger at my thigh, and countless other hidden weapons. That doesn't mean I cheat though, I fight purely by skill, no dirty tricks.

"Ready, claws out! Strike." Its just a way to say 'start'. We circle each other, the man makes his move first, but I quickly slide out of the way and punch his abdomen. Before he can recover, I pin him down. Way too easy to win. As I hold him down I see his eyes are as silver as mine. 

I have never seen anyone with even remotely similar eyes, but this man has ones that are an exact copy of mine. Even the man seems stunned, but before I can run off with the money, he says one sentence that has me thinking all day. 

"Is it you, Morana?" The man conducting the match announces me as the winner, I quickly collect the money and take off into the shadows.