Morana

Hi everyone, I will mostly be updating every week (except under special circumstances). Hope you all are enjoying the book so far!

***********************************************************************************************

"When is she gonna wake up?" 

"Damon's gonna kill us!"

"Umm, what do we do?"

Some shuffle, and a new voice.

"Literally? Boys, come on, you can fight and kill but can't wake a girl up?" A slight chuckle and more voices. 

"What! This is still new to us." 

"Yeah, not everyone has a sister!" 

"I can't believe you guys!" With their distraction, I take the moment to sit up in my bed. I hear a shriek and someone saying, "Wow, you let your sister scare you? When even guns don't?" My sleepy eyes make out 4 figures by my bed. Jason, Logan, Adrian, and Gwen talking, basically shouting at each other. 

I spot another figure by the doorway watching everything unfold, while smirking. "Um everyone? I think you should take into account that Mr. Serious face is standing by the door watching you all fight..." At my words, all four turn towards the figure. 

"Ahh, thank you Morana for making my presence known, now you all know that shouting is not tolerated in this house." His face turns deadly cold and even makes me gulp. "You four, meet me in my office. Now." Then, Gwen gives him a peck on his cheek and walks out with the others. Damon comes over to me and pulls me out of the bed.

Yesterday, I had been too excited to know that I had my own floor. Well, one that I shared with Gwen, but one floor with 2 PEOPLE??? I had been so excited that my mouth fell open in shock when I saw my room. It was done in black and white. A hanging white chair and matching sofa, a giant queen bed with black silk covers.

A marbled desk with a monitor, computer, laptop, and iPad. A black chair with soft feathers decorating the walls. It also had a walk in closet, filled with all kinds of clothes, causal to formal, comfy to ones that looked so stiff I wouldn't be able to walk. 

There was also a bathroom with a marbled sink, crystal bathtub and shower, toilet (obvi) and by the side was a glass vanity, already filled with all different kinds of makeup. Gwen had said that since my brothers had found me, which was only a 1 day ago, I was amazed and Gwen said I could change whatever I wanted. 

It felt like a dream, and I fell into a slumber as soon as I changed into silk pajamas (that were already there) and fell into the bed. I had never felt anything so soft, so it was only a matter of seconds before I fell into a dreamless sleep.

Right, back to the present.

I walk over to the closet and pick out lavender sweatpants and a white crop top with black a black butterfly. 

I slide down the banisters, I find it quicker to get down and way more fun this way

I slide down the banisters, I find it quicker to get down and way more fun this way. Everyone looks up as I enter. There is a rectangle dinning table with 7 tall black pointed chairs. Damon sits at the head while the others don't seem to have orders. I see Adrian has a bruise, turning purple that wasn't there before. 

"Right, what happened?" I raise my eyebrows in his direction while sliding into an empty seat. "Nothing." Jason and Logan say at the same time. I smirk, "Right, is it because you're the oldest when Damon isn't around and you raised your voice along with them?" I point to Jason, Logan, and Gwen.

"He should know better than to break the rules." Is the only reply I get from Damon while the others are starring at me like I'm crazy. "Don't you know its impolite to stare?" I smirk at them. "How can you read people or deduce things so well?" Rocco stares at me.

"Right, when you've been around like I have, its important you know everything. One slip, and Kaboom." I squeeze a grape between my fingers, crushing it. "You're dead, hurrah!" You can literally hear the sarcasm dripping off my last words.

"BTW, you kinda deserved that. You're older than me, but I'd say I have more brains." I called back at Adrian while walking into the kitchen. I heard a chair scoot back and Adrian walking over, he grabbed my wrist and I still smiled. "What did you say babysis?" His growl was like a tigers, but really, it just sounded like a kids voice to me.

The rest of the family gathered behind and Damon cocked his head, "Adrian, let go." When Adrian did nothing, just gripping my wrist stronger, Damon walked over but I held up a hand. "Look, I'm sorry or whatever, but I've got to go now." When I said this, Logan practically fainted, I'm exaggerating, although he did seem fairly alarmed.

I heard a crack as I was pretty sure my wrist had been broken, but surprisingly, it only gave off mild irritation. "Right, I was letting you do this since I did walk over the edge, but this, is way too far, nobody touches my wrist without consequences." I kicked his stomach, harder than  I intended and he made a gruff noise.

I pushed him off and my brothers walked over to me. My wrist was limp and I couldn't move it at all. The pain started to settle in and I winced as Gwen pressed a point. Damon walked over to Adrian with a serious expression, "You know better than this. Morana is still getting used to us. If you need to release, do it in the gym." Adrian's eyes met mine and I saw guilt there. 

I gave a small yelp as Gwen pressed another point. "Its defiantly sprained, probably not broken though." There was relief in her eyes and Logan came running into the kitchen. I didn't know that he had left but he had returned with a medical kit. Gwen bandaged my wrist up. 

I knew then, it wasn't safe for me anymore than it was in my foster homes. I had to get back to my old life, and I had to do it now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was anyone expecting this? I wonder if Morana will go back to her life before she came here. But the story isn't as shallow as that! How will the story spread out? Find out soon!