5

"So what's goin on with you and river?" Wyatt asked me

"So what's goin on with you and river?" Wyatt asked me. We're in the locker room getting changed.

"Nothings goin on we're just friends." I said putting in my shirt. "You fell asleep on her!" He said. He's talking about last night when we had a movie night. I was only out for like 30 minutes.

"You fell asleep on Everest so what's that about hmm." I said cupping my ear turning to him. "No we are really just friends."

I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. My only priorities are hockey and graduating. Once I graduate then I may start looking for someone but not right know.

                                     ~~~

"Bro slow down!" Wyatt said griping the handle on the ceiling of my car.

"I'm going the speed limit!" I said switching lanes. We decided to go get some food before going home. "Still slow down!" He said now griping the handle with both hands.

"You are a terrible driver." Wyatt told me as we were walking in the cafe. "I am not." My phone started ringing so I stayed out side to take the call.

But when I got back inside Wyatt was talking so someone.

"Oh chase rivers here." Wyatt says turning around from his spot in line moving so I could see river.

Memphis was on her hip with a pacifier in his mouth and he was holding a green sippy cup.

"Hey." She said looking over at me. She looked up and down as I did the same. She was wearing some simple light jeans and a cropped tshirt.

"Hey." I said back. Memphis reached for me when she noticed me standing there. I looked to river to see if I could grab him and she nooded her head.

"Hey little man." I said grabbing him and fixing his shirt from where it had risen.

He's blabbing on about only god knows what but he's cute doing it tho.

River and Wyatt have already ordered there food so they went to find a table. I still have Memphis.

"What can I get for you today?" The older lady at the desk asks me. "Can I get a chicken burrito with ranch on the side a lemonade and umm?" I really don't know what to get Memphis I'm sure that rivers got something for him. "And can I also get a chocolate chip cookie?" I asked looking down at the lady. "Of course you can sweetheart your total will be "10.75." We always come here after practice it's the best cafe around.

I hand her my card and smile at her. she said it should be ready in about five minutes.

Before I walked away she said. "Your baby is so cute you must be a great father!" I didn't really know how to break it to her that he wasn't my kid because she looked so sure. "Thanks" i said and smiled before walking away.