Chapter 4: Doctors' Diagnosis

The Man:

Dr. Fate tosses me onto the rooftop of an abandoned building, I push myself up and dust myself off.

"Okay," I start, spreading out my arms. "You got me alone. Now what?"

"Now you must perish," Dr. Fate replies, spreading out his arms. His golden glow turns red, he waves his arms around and a bunch of mini-crosses appears. All floating around him, he points toward me, and the mini-crosses all shoot toward me.

Reaching into my jacket, I grab handfuls of kunai and throw them. His crosses hitting my kunai, he then raises his hands high into the air. As he does, I start to notice part of the building's rooftop begin to glow. One glow appears beneath me, right under my feet, I realize what's about to happen and roll out of the way.

A burst of magic erupts from where I was standing. Rolling to a stop, landing on my knee, I see more parts start to glow.

"Soul burst," Dr. Fate yells as more and more parts of the roof explode, forcing me to run and jump all over. Jumping and landing onto my hands, I cartwheel onto my feet. With this one second on my feet, I reach into my jacket and pull out a bunch of pellets. Tossing them, a thick, black cloud of smoke then blankets the entire rooftop.

Poison Ivy:

"Cold," I cry, watching as the ice wall he made shatters into a thousand pieces. The pieces, along with Cold fly all over. Running to him as fast as I can, I grab his head.

"Cold? Captain Cold? Come on, are you okay?"

Letting out a sigh when he starts to moan, I gently lay his head down.

"What the hell," I say, turning to face the fucking doctor. " What the hell was that for you son of a bitch?"

"I warned you," Dr. Fate replies, bringing his hands together. "Now, tell us what we demand or-."

"Bite me."

Shooting out my hand, I summon a bear trap, made completely from vines and thorns. Wasting no time, I throw the bear trap at Dr. Fate, the thorns clamping around one of his arms.

Screaming as the thorns dig into his skin, he loses his focus and his glow. Shooting out my hand again, I summon a vine this time.

"Come on," I say to myself, "You've seen Selina do this a million times."

Snapping the ground first, I then swing it high above my head, before tossing it at Dr. Fate. The vine wrapping around Dr. Fate, I pull him down until I can punch him in his stupid helmet.

Dr. Fate recovering fast however, he starts to glow again, the blinding light forcing me back. As I step back, Dr. Fate's glow starts to burn through the vine, and within seconds, he is breaking free.

Charcoal bits of vines hit me in the face, I cross my arm when Dr. Fate punches me. The punch hitting and bruising some bones, I then hear some sort of computerized voice.

"Tree bark armor activating," the voice says, what looks like tree barks encasing my entire body. Starting at where Dr. Fate hit me, it quickly spread out, and in only a few seconds, my green and red clothes are gone and replaced by this tree bark armor.

Dr. Fate trying for another punch hit me in the chest. Only, I didn't hear any bone crack.

"I like this," I smile, before pulling back my fist and sending it flying into Dr. Fate. I hear him groan as he steps back, holding his chest.

"Your plants cannot stop us," Dr. Fate says, pulling his arms out. At his sides now, two more balls of magic appear.

"Let's see about that," I reply, my arms also at my sides. Two roots twirling around my arms, they stop when they reach my hands. Now forming into two of my precious babies, a sort of Venus flytraps with a round head and dozens of sharp teeth, they leap off my hands and at the doctor.

Dr. Fate throwing his balls of magic hits my babies and explodes. Sparks of magic fly all over, they blind me and force me to cover my head.

Rubbing my eyes, the vision slowly coming back, I look back at Dr. Fate as now he is glowing red. Before I can even ask, Dr. Fate chants something, and appearing right in front of him out of thin air is a massive, red cross, with a pointed tip.

Shooting out both his hands, the cross falls over, with the tip pointing right at me. Moving like a bullet toward me, I don't have time to do anything except watch as the tip gets closer and closer to me. Just as it's about to hit me, someone tackles me out of the way and onto the street.

Captain Cold:

I tackle Ivy out of the way of the torpedoing cross, the two of us falling to the ground, I aim my cold gun at Dr. Fate and fire. Freezing him before he can cast any more spells, trapping him in a block of ice and stopping him completely, I let out a sigh before letting my head fall.

"You okay," Ivy asks, making me remember her. Looking at her, I realize she is on top of me, our bodies press together.

"I'm fine," I answer.

"Awesome," Ivy says, getting up and helping me to my feet. "Because the fight isn't over yet."

Ivy points to the frozen Dr. Fate as he starts to glow. It's not as intense as before, a pale-blue color, but without warning or anything, Dr. Fate is encased in the blue glow.

"Get behind me," I say, grabbing and pushing Ivy behind me. Preparing to make another ice wall, expecting the ice to break apart and pieces to fly everywhere, Dr. Fate disappears a second later, leaving behind an empty ice block.

"What the hell?"

Supergirl:

I grab Dr. Fate by his shoulders and spin him around before tossing him into the street. Skidding across it as he leaves behind a trail, I fly toward him, my arms in front. Preparing to ram him further into the street, he raises his hand and summons forth a bright-gold, glowing cross. Hitting the cross instead of him, it bursts and knocks me to the street.

Now, with Dr. Fate flying into the sky, and me on the street, I am vulnerable. Chanting and casting some sort of spells, he fires beams of magic at me. Barely flying out of the way in time, he hit the streets instead. The streets bursting with magic, it leaves behind rings of scorch marks.

"Magic can hurt you," Dr. Fate says, firing more beams of magic at me. Dodging and countering them with my laser visions, a few beams still get through and hit me.

Flinching as a beam cuts my arm, I slam my hand over it and focus my attention on my laser visions. Hitting a beam, Dr. Fate's magic and my laser battle against each other until finally, my laser won and hit Dr. Fate. Knocking him down, he recovers fast and prepares to fire again. Only, he didn't. Instead, he spread out both his arms and the glow in his eyes intensified.

"Target had been found," Dr. Fate chants. "The stranger in glasses had been found. Require assistance."

Turning around, Dr. Fate then flies away, leaving me behind.

"Wait," I think, replaying everything Dr. Fate just said. "Target had been found. The stranger in glasses. Require assistance. Oh no."

The Man:

Running out of the smoke, I jump into the air and slam my hands together. Now slamming them onto Dr. Fate's head, he let out a groan before dropping onto the rooftop. A crater forms as he drops, I land nearby on a knee. Once back on my feet, I run over to see Dr. Fate.

In the center of his crater, his glow entirely gone, I stomp on his chest. Well, their chest.

"Where is Kent Nelson," I say, kicking away Dr. Fate's hand as he tries to raise it. "I know this isn't Nelson. None of the Dr. Fates we've seen is the real Nelson, so I ask again. Where is he?"

Instead of answering me, Dr. Fate's body is eaten by a pale-blue light, little specks of the lights flying into the air before disappearing completely.

"What the heck," I say, grabbing at one of the specks before it can vanish. Feeling the power in it, I sense something incoming and turn around.

"You are a disease," another Dr. Fate says, displacer orbs floating above his hands.

"A disease that had tossed the future into dismay," a third Fate goes on, his hands glowing bright red.

"We must save the future," a fourth Fate declares, summoning a tiny cross in an orb. "And to do that."

"We must end you," a fifth finishes.