Chapter 11: The Doctor is Out

The Man:

Despite my knees pressing up against my nose, I still have enough wiggle room to pull a pellet from my jacket pocket. Placing the pellet on my thumb, I flick it right into Raven's face, the pellet bursting into smoke and forcing Raven to her knees. Coughing, she lost focus and drops me to the ground.

"Oh," I cry, bending my cramped back. First bending back and then forward, I make sure to touch my toes with my fingers. "I hate being crushed."

Back up now, I see Raven fires some sort of magical yellow beam at me. Jumping out of the way, the beam shooting past me, I recognize it right away.

"That's Dr. Fate's magic," I say, clenching my fists. "Or should I say the Lords of Order."

Raven spreads out her arms, she starts to fly high into the sky. Before I know it, two black and blue displacer orbs form in her hands.

"Feel my new powers," Raven says, tossing the orbs at me. As the orbs inch closer and closer, I start to sense something off about them. They feel different compared to the ones all the fake Dr. Fates have been using. Quickly, I pull out kunai and throw them at the orbs.

I watch as my kunai hits Raven's displacer orbs dead-on. Only, it looks more like the orbs ate my kunai. After eating my kunai, the orbs then shock them with electricity. Bolts of electricity strike my kunai over and over again until finally, both my kunai and the orbs burst into bits of blue dust.

"Okay," I say, reaching for another kunai. "That's new."

"Believe me," Raven says, clapping her hands together. "That's nothing when compared to this."

Spreading them out, the cross on her chest change from golden to pitch-black, and out of it comes a massive bird with blood-eyes eyes. The bird shakes the entire base as it takes forms, shooting out its wings the second it can. As it does, it sent out a wind storm that blows everything and everyone in the base away.

"Kara," I yell, watching as both she and the fake Dr. Fate are sent flying away. The two of them hitting a wall and falling, I'm about to rush to catch her but stop when I hear a shriek from behind. Turning around, I see the giant bird, a massive raven, charge toward it, its beak looking like the tip of a rocket. Jumping out of way, the bird hit the ground with enough force that rocks and dust shoot up and hit me.

I shield myself with my hands and wave the dust away just in time to jump out of the way of another attack. The bird slams its foot onto where I was standing. Landing only a few feet away, I reach for kunai in my pockets, but before I can grab any, I feel magic wrap around my hand.

"Not so fast," Raven says, her hand stretching out and glowing black. Lifting it, my arm follows, shooting into the air and unable to grab any of my weapons in my jacket. Stuck in the air, Raven's giant raven grabs me with its foot and slams me back onto the floor. Slamming me into the floor over and over, it then tosses me into the air before catching me in its mouth.

Supergirl:

"No," I say, seeing the bird eats The Man. Clenching my fists, I prepare to ram into the bird, forcing it to give up The Man. About to shoot through the air, Dr. Fate stops me with a magical blast. His blast knocking me to the floor, I look up to see Dr. Fate bringing up his glowing yellow hands.

"Kara Zor-El of Krypton," he says, flying toward me. "You must surrender. You and all of your allies. The future of this planet depends on your surrendering."

"What do you mean," I reply, groaning as I push myself up.

"The future of this planet, of Earth, is a blur. Nothing is certain. Everything is unknown. The cause of this uncertainty is because of The Man in the Sunglasses. The future must be fixed. The only future for this planet, the only one with order is assured, is the one where Kal-El and his One Earth Government rule. If you really care about this planet, then you must surrender. You and all your allies: Oliver Queen of Star City. Dinah lance of Stary City. Barry Allen of Central City. Selina Kyle of Gotham City."

"Oh my gosh," someone screams, grabbing our attention. Looking around for a bit, I see The Man in the giant bird's beak. "Seriously, what are you going to do? List off everyone's names?"

Struggling to push the beak open, he widens it enough for him to jump out.

"Trust me," he yells, pointing at the bird. "I'm doing both of us a favor. I don't want to be eaten, and you don't want to eat me. I am very unhealthy."

Shaking its head, the bird goes back to attacking The Man. Peaking and stomping its foot, I notice Raven circling The Man. Flying behind him, she brings up her arms. As she does, a bunch of the surrounding stuff glows black and floats into the air.

"Watch out," I shout, The Man turning to me before seeing Raven. Raven shoots all the stuff at The Man, he shoots out his arms and unleashes a large wave of bright-orange flames that burn all of the stuff to ash.

I watch as The Man keeps the flames up, the fires forcing Raven to fly away. Still shooting out fires, he starts to spin around. As he does, more and more flames gather around him, until he stops, and all the fires that once surrounded him are now floating in between his hands.

"Kara," he screams, looking at me. "Get down."

I waste no time and jump to the floor. Watching as The Man then swipes his arms, the fire in between his hands shoots out, like a wave but instead of water, it's fire. The wave shooting past me hit Dr. Fate and explodes. The explosion sent him flying back into a wall, smoking and screaming as he hits it. Staying stuck to the wall for a little bit, he eventually drops off of it and onto the floor. As he drops, I see his glowing eyes disappearing.

"Odd," The Man says, offering me his hand and helping me up. "Why isn't this Dr. Fate vanishing like the others?"

"I don't know," I reply, "But I think we have another problem."

I watch as the shadow of Raven's bird starts to loom over The Man and myself. Preparing for a fight, I close my fists.

"Kara," The Man says, grabbing my wrist. "Come on. Change of plan. We're leaving."

"What," I say, watching as The Man runs away. Confused, I still follow after him.

The two of us run to a wall, The Man stops and bends down to pick up Dr. Fate.

"What are you doing," I ask, watching as The Man presses his fingers against Dr. Fate's throat.

"Well, I'll be darn," The Man says, flipping Dr. Fate over and throwing one of his arms over himself. Raven's bird getting closer and closer, The Man pulls out his teleporter.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"Helping an old acquaintance of mine," The Man replies. Slamming the teleporter down, a portal opens in right front of us.

"Come on," The Man says, "We're leaving. You, me, and the real Dr. Fate."