Chapter 51: Apokolips

A/N Happy holiday everyone. I do hope you enjoy these presents.

Cyborg:

"Incredible," I say, admiring the man in the sunglasses spaceship. Well, just ship.

Despite its appearance, I can feel all the technological advancements running through it. Even without looking, I know there are machines in here that can rival anything I or even Bruce could invent. I turn my head and see the wheel of the whole ship. Walking toward it, I'm about to touch it but before I can, a hand reaches out and grab my wrist.

"Don't touch," the man in the sunglasses growls before shoving me away. I stumble away but manage to catch my footing. "Only the captain is allowed to steer. No exception, Tin Can."

The man stands in front of the wheel and starts to steer the ship.

"Plotting a course for Apokolips," the man yells, pushing a series of buttons. I watch from behind as the tip of the ship starts to glow. Even before I can ask, the tip shoots out into space. It doesn't go even far but in the short distance it does go, it creates a boom tube. A massive boom tube, bigger than any ones I have ever made.

"Everyone remembers what happen when we left the base," the man yells from the wheel. Everyone on the man's crew nods their heads and says yes. "Well, here we go again. Brace for wind."

"Wait, what," I say. "What do you mean by what happened when you left the base? What do you mean by that? Brace for wind? What wind?"

All my questions are answered when the ship enters the boom tube. As soon as the tip pierces to the other side, we're all hit by a windstorm. I, along with everyone scream as the wind threatens to throw any one of us into space.

"This isn't a boom tube," I yell.

"No one said anything about a boom tube," the man yells back. "Why are you talking about boom tubes all of a sudden?"

Our talk is cut short when we hear a scream unlike the others. Looking around, I see Hawkgirl shielding herself. She's staying as low as she can but her wings have caught the wind and now she begins picking up. However, before she can get very far, the man jumps and catches her hand. He then throws her toward me.

"I told you," he says. "Brace for wind."

"This is insane," Hawkgirl shouts. Her wings are flapping like crazy. The man pushes a lever and I hear what sounds like rockets turning on. As the rockets turn on, the ship pushes further and further into the boom tube, the wind getting stronger.

"Just a little more everyone," the man yells, pushing the lever even more. Once more, I hear more rockets coming to life. They push both the ship and us through the boom tube, the boom tube closing and the wind dying down as soon as we're through.

"Welcome to Apokolips," the man says, offering me and Hawkgirl a hand. Somehow, the both of us ended up on the floor.

"No thank," Hawkgirl says, slapping his hand away and getting up herself. I get up myself and push the man out of my way.

The Man:

Dusting my shoulder, I turn around and walk the stairs from the bridge. I join everyone on the deck as we all look out.

"Welcome to Apokolips," I say again. "Darkseid's homeworld."

A burning planet with literally fires shooting into the sky, there are only black sky and eerie metal buildings as far as the eyes can see. As we sail deeper in, Superman is the first to break the silence.

"This isn't right," he says. "Where is everyone? Why aren't we being attacked?"

"You're disappointed that no one is attacking us," I say. "Really? Wow, do you have issues?"

"You're the last person to be saying that," Flash adds.

Without warning, I slap Flash on the back of his head. I then slap Cold on the back of his.

"Ouch," Cold shouts. He turns toward me.

"That was for before," I say turning back out front. As the Rusted sails, I scan the area. "Superman is right. There is something wrong. It's way too quiet. Where is everyone?"

"Now who had issues," Firestorm ask.

I'm about to slap the two of them but something hits the Rusted and causes her to shake. The sudden shaking knocks all of us to the floor.

"Is everyone okay," Dinah asks, helping Cheetah up.

"Ask us again in five minutes," Oliver says, pulling some arrows from his quiver. "You know, assuming we survive."

"Survive," Superman repeats as he pushes himself up.

"Superman," Cyborg yells, grabbing all our attention. Pointing up, we see a swarm of parademons flying toward us. Looking like black dots, the black dots start to shoot red beams from their eyes.

"Hold on," I yell, grabbing Harleen and Reverse-Flash and throwing them into the Rusted's railing. Holding onto the railing, they crouch down just in time as the red beams hit the Rusted's shield and push her off course. Despite the shield staying up, the Rusted didn't stand a chance. It was like a lone flower in the path of a flood.

The Rusted hitting and skidding against the metal ground of Apokolips, I look around. Luckily, this time, we were a bit more prepared. Most of us are still standing, gripping and crushing the railing.

"Since when can parademons do that," Hawkgirl says, shaking her head as she looks up.

"They can't," I say, also looking up as the parademons close in. Ten by ten, they land on the ground and surround the Rusted. As the land, I notice cracks appearing beneath them. "At least, not before they were given a bit of Super's DNA."

"Super's DNA," Superman repeats. Running up to my side, we turn to look at each other before looking out. The parademons snarl and roar as they look back at us. While a few shoot out their claws, the ones in the back prepare to shoot laser beams again. "Kara."

Superman's own eyes turn red. Meanwhile, I reach into my jacket pockets and throw kunai. Hitting and killing a few parademons, I then jump off from the Rusted and right into the middle of them.

Screaming as I charge, I shoot back my hands and pull from thin air my two black boxes. With a quick push of the buttons on both boxes, the blades shoot out and I slice a parademon. One parademon jumps and flies toward me but I spin and slice it. I keep on spinning before stopping to flip swords around and stab two parademons.

Superman:

I watch from above as the man in the sunglasses, now with twin swords, quickly slices his way through a bunch of parademons. While he attacks from the ground, I'll attack from the sky. There are still many parademons flying away.

"I'll destroy you all," I yell as I use my own laser vision to burn the parademons.

Darkseid:

Stepping forth onto my balcony, I see a massive beam of red light, not too far from my throne room.

"What is that," I ask. I turn around when I hear the sound of panting, and see my son running up to me.

"Father," Kalibak says. "We are under attack. It seems Superman is leading a charge."

I slap my son and knock him to the floor of my throne room. As he gets back up, I turn to look at the red light again.

"Superman," I say, "You will not survive this day. Send everything. All of my super parademons. All of my soldiers. Every last one of my war machine. I want you and Granny there as well."

"Understood Father."

Kalibak nods his head and leaves my throne room.