CHAPTER 24

Mo Di did not get to hear Wen Ru Ya’s final response because when his focus returned after eavesdropping by the corridor…

Mu Tian Heng was already standing behind him!!

Mo Di almost flinched from being startled but he still put on a calm expression. Pretending that it was a coincidence, he asked Mu Tian Heng in a sweet voice: “Brother, you’re also going to the toilet?”

Mu Tian Heng said: “I’m not going to the toilet. I’m here to look for a certain little boy who fell into the toilet. Have you seen him?”

Mo Di: “…”

Mo Di submissively went back with Mu Tian Heng. 

After Mu Tian Heng led Mo Di back to their seat, he did not show any interest in asking Mo Di about what just happened. He only helped him with his food and let him drink his juice. Mo Di kept his silence for a while. Until he couldn’t stay quiet anymore that he explained with a little bit of guilt: “Brother, the truth is I intentionally went to look for my eldest cousin’s girlfriend.”

“Uhm. Why were you looking for her?”

Hearing that Mu Tian Heng’s voice was as usual, gentle and patient, Mo Di knew that he did not mind and was not angry. He couldn’t help but feel relieved.

He hesitated, then said: “I …I want to help her break up with my eldest cousin.”

“Break up?”

Mu Tian Heng served Mo Di a big shrimp, “Didn’t you say that you and she aren’t acquainted? She might not listen to a stranger like you.”

Advertisements

Mo Di did not speak. He just stared at the shrimp in his bowl while his face inexplicably turned red. And it was not the kind which he held his breath on purpose to create, it was a real …shyness?

He thought that it was because Mu Tian Heng had picked the food for him, and this seemingly intimate act made one with a guilty conscience such as himself feel a little uneasy.

“Thank you, brother, I …I can do it myself.” Mo Di used his obedient voice to thank Mu Tian Heng. He then drank a mouthful of sour plum soup and said softly: “I know she may not listen to me but I still think it’s necessary to remind her that my eldest cousin is not a good man. If she married him, she won’t be happy. At that time, the person with the lowest status in the family will probably be her.”

Actually, it was not probably, it was definitely.

In his previous life, after he was found by the Mo family and Qin Cheng Yi and then forced into the mental hospital, a haggard Wen Ru Ya came to visit him once. At that time, she was about thirty-seven but looked like she was in her forties, unlike the other socialites who were in their forties but maintained their late twenties look.

It could be seen how unhappy it was for Wen Ru Ya.

At that time, Wen Ru Ya probably had just divorced Mo Yi Cheng. When she came to see him, she did not say anything. Maybe she did not know what to say or that she knew whatever she said would be useless. After all, she was incapable of doing anything to help him.

Mo Di did not want to talk to Wen Ru Ya or ask about her situation either. He was a sane man locked in a mental hospital, suffering from all kinds of torture every day. And as a man who had almost exhausted his will to live, he was not qualified nor capable of sympathizing with others

But in this life, everything was starting afresh.

If possible, he hoped that all the innocent cannon fodder, including Wen Ru Ya, would stay away from the Mo family fire pit. Once you entered the Mo family, there were only two options: one was to assimilate yourself and become the same as the rest of the family, just like his sweet-tongued aunts-in-law. Two was to be the existence for them to trample on.