CHAPTER 85

Chapter 85

Proofread and Edited by KitKat

Song Yu chose a restaurant he had been visiting for over ten years. He could remember that from a young age his parents had been taking him and his sister there to dine. The boss was not only a skillful chef, but was also a delightful host. Having been a regular there for so many years, Song Yu was practically friends with the family.

Because he rarely came back during the years he was stationed in the States, he had not visited them for several years. The first thing he did when he came back was to pay them a visit. The owner was still around but most of the time, he would let his son and daughter-in-law tend the restaurant and they had preserved the same quality and taste of the dishes that he remembered.

Seeing that Song Yu had brought his friends, a grey-haired elderly man came from behind the counter and greeted them with a smile. He tucked a cigarette behind his ear and said, “The little doll from the Song family is here. I’ve reserved the private room for you.”

“I’ve brought my friends to have a taste of your craftsmanship. Good food is meant to be shared.” Song Yu stepped forward and held the old man’s arm saying, “Uncle, don’t smoke anymore, it’s bad for your health.

“Your uncle is still in good health.” The old man was obviously stubborn but he did not argue much with Song Yu, “A guest offered me this one. I only keep it to have a whiff. Besides, how could I smoke in the restaurant?” 

Song Yu smiled at him, “You shouldn’t smoke outside either.”

“Ai, you’re still young, why are you so naggy? I’m not talking to you anymore. I’m going in to whip up a few dishes for you and your friends.” The old man hid his cigarette in his pocket and left for the kitchen in a hurry.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

Mo Di felt funny at how the old man tried to get away from Song Yu in order to protect his cigarette. 

Lai De Si stood behind Mo Di and Mu Tian Heng, staring at Song Yu in a daze. The tall lean figure, the gentle smile, those kind eyes– all of which combined could cause his head to spout steam.

The unforgettable person who had stayed in his heart for all these years was still as charming as ever. Seeing him again had only intensified his feelings; Like a gust of wind blowing away everything else, leaving only this person to occupy his mind completely.

There were traces of obsession and a little disappointment in his eyes.

Song Yu had not recognized him at all. It seemed he had not left much of an impression in Song Yu’s mind ten years ago. 

To be honest, back then he was not good-looking. He was fat and crude, and worst of all, he had dyed his hair red because of a singer he liked. At the time, he thought he was cool and handsome which gave him the courage to ask for Song Yu’s number.

After which he went home to visit his parents for the holidays and when he came back, Song Yu was already gone. The secret feelings that he had harbored failed to bloom just like that. He was heartbroken and went on a diet. It was just that after the weight was lost and his original hair color was back, Song Yu was already gone.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

And even when his new makeover had turned him handsome, nobody would notice because standing next to Mu Tian Heng, that beast, everyone else paled in comparison.

But he felt that his Song Yu was not a face-con. He was standing next to Mu Tian Heng today and Song Yu had looked at both of them in the same way, maybe his eyes even stayed on him a little longer than when he had looked at Mu Tian Heng!