CHAPTER 104

Chapter 104

Edited and Proofread twice by KitKat 

The second day after his death, the Mo family had sent someone to have his body cremated.

No one from the Mo family had showed up. Only Mo Wu Hang had used a disgusted tone to tell the crematorium staff to dump Mo Di’s ashes into the trash and not wait for them to come and pick it up.

If Mu Tian Heng hadn’t arrived in time, Mo Di’s ashes would have been mixed in with the muddy water and thrown into dirt.

When he had found Mo Di’s ashes, the sky had been overcast with strong winds and dark clouds.

Mu Tian Heng had hugged the urn and covered it with his coat.

He had never experienced such deep hatred and sorrow in his whole life.

If it hadn’t been for Lai De Si’s extreme effort in counseling and holding him back, Mu Tian Heng would have done many irrational things that would not have been in accordance with any law.

But Mu Tian Heng was not just anybody. He not only had a powerful mind and nerves of steel, but he had also been very patient.

So, he had swallowed all his emotions and returned to America with Mo Di’s urn.

And then…

He had plotted his revenge.

Advertisements

Mu Tian Heng had been one of the richest men in the world. There was almost no one that would have turned down the opportunity to befriend him. And so, in five years’ time, he had established connections with anyone who would have been useful to his cause, seized Hua Xia’s market, and had expanded his influence.

And during those thousand and more restless days and nights, he would spend time tracking the Qin and Mo family’s footsteps and as a result, had been able to dig up a large number of illegal activities done by the two families and gradually, even the Ye family had not been able to escape his scope.

Amongst the three, the Qin family had been particularly hard to deal with. They had had no bottom line, were lawless and the crimes they had committed were enough to destroy them a thousand times over!

But then again, the benefits they had sent out as bribes had helped them form an iron fence that could protect them thousands of times over.

Therefore, he had had to remain patient and carry out his plan step by step.

Every time Mu Tian Heng had felt that he was losing control of his dark side, he would go to see Mo Di’s urn, to talk to his little friend, ask him if he should endure and wait a while longer.

But the cold and dark urn hadn’t been able to give him any response.

Every time that Lai De Si had come to find Mu Tian Heng, he would have brought along a wine bottle and gave him some advice. Something along the lines of ‘don’t be impulsive’ and ‘think positively’.

In the seventh year after Mo Di’s death when the both of them had been in their forties, Lai De Si had come as usual with his bottle of wine but this time, his head had been hanging low. He had not given his usual speech and persuasion but had instead drowned himself in tears.

“Say, what had happened to me? Only at this age did I find out that the man I’ve loved for so many years is dead.”

Lai De Si’s blonde hair had been mixed in with grey strands. His eyes had been red as he had cried: “He’s dead! He’s dead… the person I’ve thought about for so many years, dead! He died on his way to see that heartless animal!”