Chapter 16: Push and twist

"That's it, take it easy, nice and slow."

"Oh." Oliver suddenly stands up straight as he sees the male approach with two camping chairs tucked under one arm. His eyes obscured by the mirrored shades he was sporting, but Oliver could tell it was the man from the service station. He must have annoyingly made an impression on Oliver, even from a brief glance. "I'm ok….thanks." Oliver finds himself stumbling over his words. The male was even more dashing up close.

The man seems to take little notice as he rests the camping chairs alongside the camper, before pushing his shades onto the top of his head. It holds back his dark locks from his face, to reveal a pair of deep brown eyes and rather nice lashes. "Are you sure? You can't be too careful with flammable gas, especially if you don't know what you're doing. Don't want an explosion." He winks at Oliver and he would have been flattered such a man was possibly flirting with him, but he knew this guy may possibly have complicated baggage, but he didn't always listen to his better self, when it came to attractive men.

He clears his throat as he takes in the stranger a little more. "I actually would appreciate the help," Oliver dares to look at the male a little longer than required. He felt that thrill rush through him. The danger, the game of dare. Who would back down first?" Oliver had nothing to lose. Whereas, this man…who knew what his intentions were. They were not Oliver's concern. He only had control over his own actions. 

He holds out a hand to Oliver. "I'm Neil." 

Oliver looks down at the outstretched hand and takes it. The shake is firm, strong and already Oliver's mind was creating wicked scenarios of what else this man's hands could do. "Oliver.'' he says, trying to not give anything away from his tone of voice as he looks back at Neil. There is another visual exchange, the hands disconnect and Neil sets to with the task in hand. 

Oliver knew he should be watching how it was done and he was, to a degree. Watching how the pipe was being pulled from a small flap on the side of the van, with the long fingers wrapped around it. "It's pretty simple really, you just push it on and twist. See…" Neil moves back a little to allow Oliver to see a little better. "Push...and twist." 

"Push and twist.' Oliver repeats as he sees the simple enough connection taking place. 

Neil looks up at Oliver and smiles, before disconnecting the pipe. "You have a go and I can watch, just to make sure you're doing it right." He beckons for Oliver to come forwards, who picks up the once again loose pipe. "Push... and twist." Neil again repeats as he stands close to Oliver, almost shrouding his body over Oliver's smaller frame. 

He can feel it. The intensity of the closeness. The almost contact as Oliver felt that build up of heat between their bodies. He now knew that this game of dare or whatever he had thought he was playing at, was in danger of failure as all thoughts of rationale and self respect were dwindling, as his moral compass began to lose its path. "Like that?" Oliver says, just shy of a whisper. He nervously swallows, a hitch in his breath as a hand envelops his own. 

"That's it….take it easy, nice and slow." Comes the equally smooth as silk reply. The whoosh of gas can be felt releasing into the hollow pipe as both males slowly let go of the connecting dial. 

"Hey, baby!" They both look up to see another approach as they quickly jump apart. 

"Morton!" Oliver says, his voice sounding rather shrill for some reason. 

"I got food for us." Morton raises a hand to showcase a white carrier bag with goodies from the shop. He heads to stand next to Oliver and plants an unexpected kiss on his cheek. Oliver pulls back a fraction with surprise as he looks at Morton with an air of confusion, but Morton pays no mind to it as he drapes an arm around Oliver's shoulder. He now looks at Neil. "Who's this?" 

"N...Neil. Nice to meet you." Neil seems to retract into his shell as he holds out a not so confident as before hand for Morton to take. 

"He helped with connecting the gas." Oliver says as he smiles weakly at the other male. 

Morton looks at the hand, choosing not to match it with his own. "You have a wife and kid right?" 

"Yes…Why?" Neil's complexion turns a little ashen as he straightens up his posture, lowering his hand.  

"Jen. I got speaking to her at the shop. She's nice." Morton smiles innocently as he pulls Oliver into a tight squeeze. 

"She is nice." Neil replies, now feeling his heckles raise. 

"Well… Thankyou for setting us up. You must come over for food, you and Jen, though I'm afraid we have no sausages for you." 

Oliver's eyes widen at the words being said. 

"That's ok. I shouldn't intrude." Neil takes a step back from the pair. "Enjoy your stay." He gives off a weak smile, grabs his camping chairs, turns around and walks away. 

Oliver waits until the man is out of sight before pushing Morton away. "What the hell was that?" He says, his voice a little raised.

"I could say the same to you! You knew he could have been married... and a dad." Morton says defensively. "Why would you flirt with someone knowing that? You said you had never knowingly done that kind of shit." 

"It could have been his sister!" Oliver raises his hands in defence. "Why do you care?"

"Jesus Olly, You're better than that!" Morton shouts back. "You don't need to throw yourself at anyone who shows an interest. Like he's gonna leave his wife!" 

"I wasn't looking for a relationship Morton." 

"Then what are you looking for?" Morton dares to ask the burning question.

Oliver stares back at Morton. The words are there on the tip of his tongue, ready to spill,... I want you...but he just cannot say them. That fear of rejection once again, of doubt, a crippling notion. Instead he flips it. "What about you?" 

"What about me?" Morton now feels the uncertainty in his own voice. 

"Why do you feel it is suddenly your duty to be my guide in all things relationships?" Oliver folds his arms, body resting a little to one side. 

Morton looks at Oliver and feels a sudden sickness in his stomach. He takes a deep breath in, then huffs out. "Because you're my friend." 

"Friend?" Oliver probes for more, not wanting the moment to pass, this moment where a possible revelation may unfold, even if it's not from his own cowardly lips.

Morton takes a moment to answer but he finally does. "Yes Olly. You are my friend." 

Oliver's posture can be felt dropping ever so slightly at the words. He huffs as he grabs for the carrier bag still in Morton's grasp. He opens it to look inside. "Oh, you do have sausages…"

A/N : SAFETY NOTICE ⚠️

I have never ever connected a gas bottle to a cooker ever in my life. I simply had a quick google at a YouTube video. Please DO NOT use whatever I've written here as fact for this task.

Jojo.

🌻