Chapter 8. /Andrew.

They took him to the car and to the police station, where humans would interrogate him.

He waited in his cell until a guard came and took him to the interrogation room.

There, a tall, muscular guy was waiting for him and gestured him to sit.

He had the same grey eyes that Andrew had, the same black hair, except it was curly and not wavy like Andrew's.

"Do I know you?" Andrew asked the agent.

"It's nice to meet you, brother" the agent smiled.

The color drained from Andrews features. Brother. He did know about an older brother who had died in the hospital. But was he alive?

"Brother? I-".

"Your parents didn't tell you how they dumped me on the streets in the cold and left me to die"? he questioned, bitterness coating every word.

"I thought you died in the hospital?" Andrew said but it was more of a question.

"So that's their sob story." the agent scoffed.

"What did they do?"

"Didn't want a baby because they were too young at the time, so they left me to die."

"I'm sorry, I- I had no idea." Andrew stammered.

The agent shook his head. "Forgive me, this was very unprofessional of me. Let's start over." He fixed his posture and continued,"I'm Nate your case handler."

"Nice to meet you, Nate." Andrew said, his mouth dry as the sand in a desert.

"So you've hacked into several companies and small businesses to steal their money. But there was another hacker who was much more smarter than you and turned you in after extracting sensitive information from your device without leaving a trace."

"Get to the point."

"What was that sensitive information?"

Andrew calmly replied. "I evoke the 5th."

Nate sighed. "Why did you go on a mass hacking streak?"

Andrew did not answer. They sat in silence as Nate's glares burned through Andrew's eyes.

The door opened and a guard entered.
"Sir, User#5769 Andrew Marks has been bailed out by User#47124 Jackson Dove." the guard said and left.

"Guess you're lucky, brother." Nate said, closing the files kept in front of him.

Andrew wondered how Jackson had known he had been arrested.
Nate took off the laser handcuffs from Andrew's wrists.

"You're free to go for now." Nate spoke.

"For now?"

"If the citizens who you stole from don't press charges against you." he said with a smirk forming at the corner of his lips.

Andrew ignored him and walked past his long lost brother. As the guards guided him out of the building, he saw Jackson waiting there for him.

"Jackson." Andrew said, a smile forming on his face.

Jackson saw him as he pushed past the crowd. "Are you alright?" He asked, noticing the wound on his palm.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's get out of here.

"They both got to the car and sat in. As Jackson started the car and Andrew asked,
"How did you know that I was arrested?" "You got famous all over the news." Jackson replied, driving the car. An agent named Nate. Yeah, Nate proudly announced he caught the infamous hacker who went by the name 'Crypsis' as Andrew Marks. It's odd how you both look so similar." he added.