20 Roses

Grant and Regina were the only ones to choose the crime scene. They walked in silence to the area where Montana had first fallen over. Food was still sitting on the table and her chair was still overturned on the ground. "My first guess would probably be some sort of poison, because she was choking." Grant stated, picking up a cup from the table. "And this may be our culprit, look."

Together they stared at the cup, inside of it, was a clear liquid but it smelled, like....cleaning product. Regina's mouth dropped. "Is that bleach?" She took another whiff of the liquid. Grant agreed. "It has to be but why would she be drinking straight bleach?" They pondered over this. "Let's go check in the roses."

It was a sight. The bed of red roses was imprinted with the shape of Montana's body. It reminded Regina of Christmas cookie molds but that seemed like to bright a comparison to this horrific scene. She knew something had made that terrible crashing noise, but what?

Grant made the discovery. About two feet down into the roses was an enormous puddle of blood seeping into the dirt below. Something had been here. It had been what killed Montana most likely. Grant looked over at Regina, she had won the previous case. He had promised his alliance he would not share any information with her.

So in that moment, he coughed, big fits of coughs. Regina instantly was by his side and they were walking inside. He hoped he was doing the right thing as he continued to pretend to be sick. She would never know there was blood under those roses.