Twenty six ‎✧ ೃ༄

The next morning, Liam woke up and hesitantly unwrapped himself from the sleeping boy before then climbing out of the small yet cozy bed. He took a quick look down towards Zayn who had since curled up in a ball, taking up all remaining room in which Liam's presence had taken up previously. He reckoned that the lad looked rather similar to a puppy in the position that he was in and it was quite adorable to see, his teddy was held close to his chest and the duvet was half on him and half off him.

Considering they had planned to go out later in the day, Liam figured that attending class today would be a decent game plan as tomorrow he'd be skipping to recover, so he changed into a tracksuit set and grabbed his pre-packed sports bag, swinging it over his shoulder. Liam wasn't sure what it was exactly that was making him feel the way he did but he could already tell from the bottom of his heart, that today was going to be a strange day. Maybe it was the way leaves were already beginning to fall from the trees in the middle of August or the way that he woke up wrapped within someone's arms and not on his own - something about today just felt different and he was oddly intrigued by it.

He stepped his way out the door and headed off to class, taking a seat next to Niall who had his head laid against the desk, half asleep - it was quite cool within the air today and he was nice and toasty in his tracksuit, thankful that he chose to wear it. The room in which he studied in was open yet intimate, he had large glass windows which viewed a sports field on one side and a gymnasium on the other. There was a dull, stained whiteboard on a stand that faced the end of the tables that covered the room, metal and plastic chair placed next to them - words and unholy drawings marked into them, created by safety scissors. It was setting that was clearly occupied by lads and it was more confidential than a lecture hall. "Y'right to go out tonight then?"

"Me?" Niall asked, sitting up, and Liam laughed, "No, mate. I'm talking to the wall." he said sarcastically, to which Niall kicked him lightly under the table and rolled his eyes.  "Oh. Yeah. Sure. I'll come... Zayn coming?" He responded, swinging back on the chair. The two front left feet hanging up and all his weight pressurised on the back two. It was rather dangerous but he didn't care in the slightest. "He is, hopefully. If I can completely persuade him - don't wanna pressure him though."

"Awesome. Can't wait to see him again. I take it we are skipping tomoz' morning then?" Niall questioned, taking a sip from his water bottle that was actually filled with orange juice but no one had to know that, no one but himself. "Yeah. Unless I'm feeling up to coming in.. Which I doubt."

"Alright." Niall nodded and focused on the lecturer who was now blasting on about different muscles before they set off for their training and how they're used during football. It was knowledge the two necessarily didn't need to hear to play the game but it was a necessity to passing their course, and for their safety.

"I swear this is useless." Liam muttered, scribbling down some unreadable notes for later which he definitely wouldn't be using, Niall hummed in agreement and wrote his down legibly. "Yeah but I guess it helps with the health and safety for footy before playing."

"Guess so," Liam said, "One day, I reckon I'll be playing for England."

Niall laughed, "You? Playing for England? You really think so, Payno?" Liam glared at him, "Yes. Absolutely. I was planning on giving you season tickets but I don't think you deserve them after that comment."

"Whatever, mate. I hope I'm on your team then, doubt I can get a job without you by my side." He grinned and Liam fondly shook his head, "You're a sappy shit sometimes, Nialler."

"Yeah, well, you're used to it by now. So what's Zayn doing today?"

Liam put his pen down and smiled, "Got class this afternoon. He was still asleep when I left, I believe." And at that, his phone went off with a text from Zayn, "and he's just texted me so I guess he's awake now."

Made cake! Left some on the side for you... But be quick cause Mr Teddy said it was yummy and he might eat it before you get back!

Reading it, he chuckled and texted back before turning his phone off.

Oh no! Hope he doesn't eat it - I'm looking forward to it. Gotta go now for training but keep me updated as to if he eats it!! x

"He's an alright dude." His lecturer was now directing them outside to do some warmups so that he didn't injure himself while playing - he never understood why warmups helped but he assumed that was his own fault for not paying attention. He stretched out his muscles and got himself into some uncomfortable decisions before deciding that he was prepared enough to kick a ball around safely and comfortably. Niall did the same and met back up with him before they were directed into separate teams: the game was on and they were roughly and competitively playing against each other - both determined to win. It was a close yet long game and it was mainly the two of them who had control of the ball, their other teammates just watching with laughter but some attempting to play seriously. It was a sight to see and rather entertaining.

"You cheeky bastard, Liam. The ball is ours, you've just knocked it out by a good five centimetres." Niall argued and Liam threw his arms up in frustration, keeping a hold of the ball with his foot so that Niall couldn't swing and take it when he wasn't looking. "You're seeing things, ask the ref!"

"Maybe I will!" He huffed and stormed over to the referee who shook his head at Niall, agreeing with Liam that the ball wasn't knocked out, the lad scoffed and crossed his arms - Liam smirked, knowing he was in the right. "Fine. Liam has the ball - but I don't think it's fair."

The referee shrugged. "It is."

"C'mooonnn Nialler. Just accept that I'm doing better than you - which bare in mind, is why I'll be playing for England and you won't be." Liam teased and the referee blew his whistle in response, announcing that they were getting too cheeky with one another and was going to stop with the game before the argument developed and got worse. Their arguing was something in which he was used to as it happened often between the two - it was mainly banter, quick to be resolved and the team was used to it, however it was rather distracting and he knew that it could go on for a while if it wasn't paused.

"Fine. We will stop." The lads took a breather each and both after some time, agreed in full that it was a good idea. They then headed off to change into some clean clothes, calming down. There were some obvious groans heard all around from the team as some players wanted to continue playing, though others were thankful to stop as it was almost lunchtime. By time Niall and Liam were in the changing room - they were laughing at each other and messing each other's hair up like pals to piss the opposing mate off. "Sorry about that Li, but I really thought you knocked it out the pit."