Chapter 13: Wedding bells

Above is the dress Alexis is wearing at the wedding
Three months later

Alexis Pov

I'm sad. I'm depressed. I feel like dying. Lucian is getting married today. I'm gonna lose him and he's gonna be happy with Velma or whatever her name is. I haven't left my room in two days. It's just me, my ice cream and my box of tissues.

I don't even know why I'm feeling sad. Lucian and I have never even been an item so why does it feel like I'm breaking from the inside. My wolf won't even talk to me.

Maybe I should kidnap her and then take her place at the altar. I'm sure Lucian wouldn't mind. I am his mate afterall.

"Mum! Please come out. You have to stop this wedding. You and daddy belong together."

My precious babies, they're always thinking about my well-being."Kids I'm fine. You should go to your father's wedding."

"Not without you. If you don't go then we won't go either." "Zane please just take your sister and go, I'll be fine. I just need to sleep." "Fine."

I wait for them to leave before I begin crying again. My life is falling apart and there's nothing I can do about it.

I've decided to go to the wedding. I need to come to terms with the fact that Lucian isn't mine anymore. I quickly take a shower and find a dress decent enough for a wedding. Getting into my car I make my way to the chapel. As I enter the building I see people running around looking stressed. I spot Lucian frantically pacing with his phone by his ear. I walk over to him and gently tap him on the shoulder.

"Hey, what's wrong." He quickly turns towards me and hugs me.

"Willow is missing." Okay that is not what I expected. What do I even say to that. ' I'm sorry for your loss, but if you want you can marry me.' I honestly didn't care that Willow was missing. I was over the moon but unfortunately I had to be a good friend and the bigger person here. No time for pettiness. If only my wolf could get the memo. She was howling and prancing around in there. I wanted to do that too but again ' bigger person '. Oh well I'll celebrate on the inside.

"I'm so sorry Lucian. But what are you going to do now. I mean you can't exactly marry yourself, right?"

"I'll have to call off the wedding."

"Oh... Okay I guess." Just as he was about to walk away his mother arrived. I haven't seen Luna Maybelle in years and I see she still looks great.

"Alexis, hello dear, how are you?"

"I'm good Luna, and how are you?"

"Could be better but otherwise I'm alright."

"Mother I'm going in there to cancel the wedding and apologize to the guests."

He turned around and made his way to the doors. As he was to open the door his mother stopped him.

"Lucian, I have an idea. Why don't you and Alexis get married."

-Luna say what!!
Yeah what you said. Did I just here this woman correctly.

"Mother!"

"Here me out. You both are mates, you have not one but two kids togher and I'm sure  that you yearn for each other everyday. If you don't get married now and live happily together than I guarantee you that will regret it for the rest of your lives. Please just consider it, if not for your sales then for the sake of your children."

She did make a pretty good point. I've already forgiven Lucian and I have no problem being with him but this is his decision to make not mine. This is his wedding, not mine. I have to wait and see what he says.

The silence is thick as Lucian contemplates what his mother just said to him.

-Please say yes. Please, please say yes I'm begging you.

"Alright, but only if Alexis agrees to it."

"Yes." Well that did not sound desperate at all. Note the sarcasm. I should relax.

"Uh...What I meant was that I agree if that's what you really want this."

"I do."

-Say that again but at the altar, in front of a priest this time.
Zip it Midnight
-Whatever.

"Okay then let's go married."

"Come with me dear."

The Luna and I make our way to the dressing room where we find the dress I made along with jewellery, frantic hair and makeup artists and shoes. Luna Maybelle leaves me in the room with girls and they start their work.

***

Oh God, why did I agree to this. Can I take my decision back. I don't wanna get married. I'm standing in the hallway waiting for the doors of doom to open. Lucian's father is  standing next to me. I feel nauseous. I hear the music playing before the door is opened. Oh shit ,what did I get myself into.

***

The dress

The dress. Hope you like it. Took a while to choose it. 😘