Chapter 8:Apologies

Alexis Pov
On Monday morning I arrive at my office tired. Everyone looked a bit nervous. I asked my assistant and she said that Lucian was in my office throwing a tantrum. Great just what I needed. I walk inside and find him pacing around. When he saw me he came over to me, grabbed my wrist and sat me down. "We need to talk." I rolled my eyes, "Haven't I already heard that phrase?" He wasn't in the mood for back chat so I just kept quiet. "I'm sorry. " That is not what I was expecting, he actually apologized. To say that I was surprised was an understatement. "What are you sorry for?" He looked me dead in the eyes, "For everything I put you through. For being such a jerk. I never considered your feelings and what you went through."I could see that he was sorry and my wolf kept saying I should forgive our mate, but I wasn't ready for that. Instead I just said," Hmm, as long as you realize your mistake . I'm sorry too. "He looked at me with a confused expression," I'm sorry for the stunt I pulled, and I'm sorry for the way Zane reacted yesterday. "He actually looked happy for once." So wanna come over for dinner tonight? I think the kids might have calmed down by now. I'll talk to them so that they behave. "" Um sure if you don't mind. I nod my head and he stands up to leave.

"Kids I have an announcement. Your father  is coming for dinner tonight, so please behave." Zane's face started to darken, "I'm not coming, I don't want to see him." I was starting to get annoyed with his behavior, "Zane Justin Grayson, you will come to dinner and you will  behave yourself. Oh and kids, first get to know him before you plan on murdering him ok?" They both nodded and went up to their rooms. I on the other hand had to prepare dinner and then get ready.

I just came out of the shower and I'm busy drying my hair. Just then I heard the doorbell and I quickly rushed down to open the door." Hi Lucian. Come inside please." He didn't move he just kept staring at me. Then I realized that I was only wearing a bum short and a bra and my hair was still damp. Immediately I felt a blush creep onto my face. "Sorry, I'll go get dressed, in the meantime you can sit down." He gave me a slight nod and sat in the living room.

Lucian Pov
Damn she looked so hot. I don't think she even noticed what she was wearing until my jaw was on the floor. The minute she saw what she was wearing her face turned red from embarrassment. I don't know if this makes sense but that only made her hotter. My mind trailed off to the night she found out that she was my mate. God why did I reject her, I'm such a fool. Her words pulled me out of my thoughts as she lead me to the living room. I gave her a nod before sitting down and watching her sprint to her room. A few minutes later the kids came down stairs. Zane kept staring at me and Zara had a blank look on her face. I couldn't help but feel proud of my kids, they are so mature at such a young age. "Do you want something to drink?" I looked up at Zara and saw a small smile on her face. The more I looked at her the more I saw Alexis. "Mmm, yes please." Her smile turned into a huge grin as she ran to the kitchen. She came back with a glass of orange juice and gave it to me. I smiled at her and took the glass. "How old are you?" I almost spit the juice out but quickly got a hold of myself. "I'm 29. Why do you ask?" She gave me a small smile then replied, "I just wanted to calculate how old you were when you and mom met." I nod my head in response. "Actually I knew your mom for a long time. She was in my pack before she left." She looked at me with curiosity,"Um... what was mom like before?" I thought about it for a while then came up with an answer. "She was strong willed. She never let anyone walk over her. She was sassy, rude and a fighter. She still is, I mean she raised you two on her own. Basically what I'm saying is that she's amazing." She looked at me with wonder, "You still love her don't you?" Did she just ask what I think she just asked?
-Yes dumb a*s now answer her and stop being a wuss. Tell her that you still love Alexis.
Stop it I'm not telling her that, we're getting married in a few weeks did you forget that?
-I never accepted Willow as my mate and I still don't.
Fine I won't force you, you have the right to freedom of speech.