Chapter 3:

'Oh bring it on woman.' He says.

I smirk.

Christianto whistles, signalling us to start.

Ethan lunges at me and I dodge him effortlessly. I grab his outstretched arm and put my arm over it and flip him into his back.

'Get up boy.' I say mockingly.

He gets up and throws another punch which I dodge. I go to punch his face and he blocks it but leaves his stomach unprotected.

I knee Ethan in the stomach and he groans and stumbles backwards.

'Too much for you?' I ask.

He shakes his head and runs to me. I extend my foot and kick it under his, making him land on his back.

The crowd claps and cheers.

I turn around and give them a little bow and laugh.

I feel a blade against the back of my neck.

'Sad to see the only way you can fight is when your opponent has their back turned.' I smirk.

Ethan removes the blade and presses it against the front of my neck.

'You've lost.' He sneers.

I put my hands up in mock surrender and feel that his muscles have relaxed a little bit, giving me an opening.

I grab his arm, twist it and flip him over and he lands on his back. I twist his hand making him let go of the blade.

I grab the knife and slash his thigh making him squirm.

I pin him down to the floor.

'Rule number one,' I say, loudly for everyone to hear. 'Never attack someone when their back is turned, it just makes you look like a pussy.'

'Rule number two, nobody likes a sexist asshole and I certainly won't allow one to join my mafia.'

Ethan pales when he hears that.

'The last and final rule,' I snarl grabbing a fist full of his hair and making him look up at me. 'if I ever hear or find out that you've been shit talking me ever again, I will find you and I will cut out your tongue and feed it to you.'

'I didn't shit talk you, I was talking about-' he stutters.

I raise my eyebrow and the realisation of who I am hits him.

I let go of him and drop the knife.

'Let this be a warning to anyone who underestimates or shit talks me ever again.' I say, my voice booms throughout the training room.

No one dares to speak.

I get down from the ring and Christianto swings an arm over my shoulders.

'That was really hot,' he laughs, looking down at me.

'Don't try it,' I say.

'Oh come on Di,' he places a finger under my chin and lifts my head up to look up at him.

'This,' I move my finger between us. 'This is strictly professional and that's it.'

'Wow I thought we were friends,' Christianto says, pretending like he just got stabbed in the chest.

'You got yourself downgraded pretty boy.' I reply sarcastically.

We walk over to the bar and he orders two tequila shots.

'You think I'm pretty?' He asks.

I roll my eyes.

'Worth a shot.' He laughs.

We pick up our glasses and take our shots.

'Just so you know, Dominico didn't even tell me he picked you to be the shooter.' Christianto says.

'He said I'll be proving myself to him,' I shrug.

He leans forward and lowers his voice.

'Between me and you, I don't think he believes our relationship is strictly 'professional'.' He says.

'Chris,' I say, tracing my finger across his sharp jawline.

'Yeah?' He replies, leaning closer.

'I will kick you.' I smile sweetly up at him.

'I love a violent woman.' He winks.

'Give It a break,' I sigh, pushing his face away from mine.

'Can I get an iced coffee and another two shots please.' Chris asks the bar tender.

'You know my dating rules.' I say to Chris.

'Di, it's been two years,' he says rubbing his forehead.

I don't know if I can trust you.

I don't know if I can trust anyone.

'I'm still not ready.' I reply.

The bartender gives me the iced coffee and I take a sip of it.

'I'll wait for you,' he says and I give him a small smile.

'I just hope you know that I'm not like him.' He narrows his eyes.

'Don't worry, I'm fully aware.' I say.

I take my ice coffee and get up with Christianto following behind me.

'Do you know where Cora and Pablo went?' I ask.

'I think Dominico needed them for something after the meeting.' He shrugs.

We get to my room, and Christianto sits on my swingy chair.

'You're doing that thing again.' He says, stretching.

''What thing?' I ask.

'The thing where you pace back and forth and nearly pull out your hair.' He replies. 'Honestly, are you ok?'

'No,' I reply. 'I'm scared of seeing him again, what if I mess this up?'

'Dilara,' he says.

Christianto never says my full name unless it's serious.

'Dilara, you are not the same girl you were two years ago, you're not the same girl you were one year ago.' He says. 'You've changed for the good, you've become braver, stronger, smarter.'

'Thanks,' I reply.

'For god sake Di, people fear you.' He laughs. 'That's a huge step from who you were before.'

I sit down on the floor and drink more of my iced coffee in silence.

It's true, people fear me and I love it.

I'm not that naive, little nice girl I was before.

She's gone.

'Di?' He says.

'Yeah?' I reply.

'Are you sure you don't want him back?' Christianto asks.

I'm taken aback by the question and it takes me a while before I answer.

'I'm never sure of anything, especially when it comes to him.' I reply honestly. 'I used to find that quite exciting but now it's just plain...torture.'

Christianto nods.

'He can never hurt you again.' He mutters. 'I won't let him.'

*AUTHORS NOTE*
Has Dilara fully healed? Will she mess up again???
I hope you're all enjoying the book so far!

Have a nice day!