Chapter 69:

I wake up and find a black dress waiting to be worn on a mannequin. I barely got any sleep from last night but I still force myself to get up.

I quickly freshen up before I put on the dress.

(This dress won the most votes).

I comb my hair and make my way downstairs to find Christianto standing in the garage with Dominico, Vittoria and Alora standing next to him.

He looks at me with a cold, stony expression. Was he in on it?

'Where are the girls?' I ask.

'They got transported there this morning.' Dominico's replies.

'Get in the car Dilara.' Christianto grabs my arm and shoved me into the back of the black limo.

I turn to yell at him. Scream at him for betraying us when he puts a finger to my lips. Alora looks at me through the window and Christianto leans into me. To anyone outside it would look like he's about to kiss me.

'Adriano is ok.' He whispers, his breathe tickling my neck. 'I warned everyone and they know what to do,

A small weight lifts off my shoulders as I hear the good news.

'Oh, and Xuan is awake.' He smiles. My jaw drops in shock. Thank god Xuan is awake and everyone is assured and safe.

'Thank you,' I breathe and he placed a hand on my shoulder.

The rest of the ride is quiet and when we reach the event hall it's packed with everyone from allying mafias that oppose The Vipers. The demons are here, The Spades, and many more mafias have arrived to watch my inheritance.

If I make any suspicious or sudden movements then I know they'll shoot me to death.

I walk into the hall followed by Domincio and Christianto who beam at me. I know it's all for show and something much more sinister is about to go down.

I look around and see that the waiters all have a dress code of a red suit and a black mask covering their entire face.

'Would you care for a glass of champagne?' A waiter says, appearing next to me out of nowhere.

I look at him and realise his blue eyes look familiar. I take a glass of his tray and he squeezes my arm.
Alessandro.

He nods at me and walks off to serve other people. As I walk to the main floor, people turn to whisper and point at me. They're all shocked when Dominico puts an arm around my shoulders, to them it looks like a proud grandfather with his heir. But I know it's a warning for me to not do anything stupid.

Domincio brings attention to us in the middle of the hall.

'Welcome everyone to the Inheritance ceremony of my lovely Granddaughter Dilara De'Bardi.' He announces. 'Dance, eat, mingle before the ceremony begins.'

Everyone cheers and claps before Domincio clears his throat.

'Dilara will pay a tribute to us, but now she has a few words to say.' He smirks as he looks at my shocked face. I haven't prepared anything but I step forward with a shaky breath.

'I made a promise to you two years ago,' My voice comes out louder than I expected. 'I will lead, I will kill Adriano and I will reveal secrets.'

Dominico narrows his eyes in warning.

'I will lead this mafia to glory, with our wonderful allies.' I say. 'And I will not let anyone oppose this.'

The crowd around us erupts in applause and music starts. Men grab the women by their sides and take them to the dance floor.

Christianto grabs my hand and leads me to the dance floor.

'You're holding up pretty well.' He says.

'How did you find out?' I ask. 'About Alora.'

'They came to me in the night and questioned me about you.' He explains. 'I denied everything and said I had no idea what you were planning.'

'But Alora?' I ask.

'Dominico believes me more than her.' He says. 'He's still weary of her and Vittoria.'

Peopl around us stare and Christianto pulls me closer to him and I rest my chin on his shoulder.

'Everything's going to be ok.' He says. I see a couple masked waiters looking directly at us and deep down I know that they're the Giovannis and it slightly relieves me.

A couple hours pass and Christianto doesn't leave my side and I'm grateful for it.

'Now time for the ceremony!' Dominico's booms from the stage. He extends a hand to me. 'Dilara why don't you join me up here dear.'

I take his hands and get on the stage, Chris following closely behind me.

'For the first event of tonight!' Dominico exclaims. 'Bring them out!' He claps his hands.

Zoya, Fouzia and Amira are dragged in chains onto the stage. Each of them dressed in an exquisite ball gown with their hair done. Amira's hijab is in a turban style.

As much as they look pretty, they have scars all over their faces. I see two masked waiters in front of the stage stiffen when they see them.
Lorenzo and Terzo.

The girls are gagged and Fouzia's mascara is smudged down her cheeks. Amira doesn't flinch as she's dragged across the stage. The waiter's grip on the tray tightens.

'And for the second part of the show.' Domincio booms. 'The infamous Adriano Giovanni.'

My hitches in my throat as Adriano is dragged onto stage. He's awake, gagged and in chains. He has a black eye and a deep scar across his cheek.

'No.' I gasp.

Christianto grabs my arm, stopping me from doing anything.

'To prove herself, Dilara will execute her ex colleagues!' Dominico's booms. 'Isn't this a lovely reunion.'

The crowd roars with excitement and they chant for me to go on.

Dominico looks me in the eyes and smirks.

'Checkmate.' He mouths.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I hope I can update again today!
Have a nice day!
Instagram: ywrit.es