1 - Hero Struggles

"Fuck."

A loud cry resonated throughout the apartment earning a tired groan from a certain blonde. Katsuki lazily pushed himself up in bed, rubbing a hand over his face as he yawned. He struggled to stand up, nearly tripping over his feet a few times. 

"Daddy's coming, shh." Bakugou muttered, making his way towards his child's nursery. He managed to quietly open the door, suddenly met by even louder cries and a squirming baby in a white crib. "Daddy's here." He finished, leaning down towards his sniffling daughter. He carefully picked up the baby girl, holding her against his chest to bounce her around. He made his way around the crib, gently resting her on her changing table as he leaned down for diapers. 

Things had been rough for him, ever since his wife - Katie - passed away on the battlefield. She was an Omega, making her way towards being number one hero of Japan. She was born and raised in America, but had moved to Japan during her early 20's, when she met Bakugou. The two quickly fell in love, getting married somewhere along the way. Of course, they were both met by joy and nothing but happiness when Katie found out she was pregnant, but they only got the chance to experience those feelings for nine months. Now, Bakugou was alone with a newborn baby which he barely found the time to take care of, with his job and all. 

The blonde grumbled loudly as he managed to find a diaper, hitting his head on the side of the desk several times in the process. He eventually managed to stand up straight, rubbing the back of his head as he looked down to a whining baby. 

"You find that funny?" He chuckled, looking down to an emotionless face. He knew his daughter was too young to smile or laugh yet, but he was fine with that. To be honest, he'd probably get mad if she would have laughed at his pain. "Alright, legs up!" The blonde exclaimed, holding the baby's feet together as he raised her legs, removing the dirty diaper. He quickly managed to clean and change the little girl, throwing away the dirty diaper before once again picking her up. It was three o'clock in the morning, and Katsuki was honestly very tired. He had a shift around noon, so he hoped he'd be able to get some more rest before work. 

"Okie-dokie, now go to bed. 'Kay?" Katsuki muttered, gently resting his child back into the crib. He rubbed her tummy a little, hoping to sooth her bowel movements, which she still wasn't used to and was the main reason for her crying fits. He softly hummed a song, watching as her dark blue eyes began to close.

"Sleep well, Kate." Katsuki whispered as he tried to hide a yawn, quietly tiptoeing out his child's bedroom. He sighed in relief at the sound of silence, making his way to his bedroom only to fall down on his bed. He rolled over, the light of his lamp lighting up the room enough for him to see a picture frame next to his bed. It was simply a photo of him and his pregnant wife at their baby shower. Katie had said she loved the photo, which is why she had framed it and set it next to their bed. 

"It's hard to believe you were here just a little over a week ago." The blonde muttered to himself, running a finger over his deceased wife's image. A tear fell down his cheek, his throat closing up to her memory. The thought of Katie's funeral being the upcoming weekend was something horrifying to him. She had been dead for only nine days, and he didn't think he was ready to attend her funeral. He wasn't sure he'd be able to keep it together. 

"Fuck." He mumbled, wiping the tear as he pulled his phone out of under his pillow. He looked through his contacts, hoping to find his mother's number. He easily found it, a small smile appearing to the sight of a green button beneath his parent's name, meaning she was online. It might be very early in the morning, but his mother had always been that way. The type to go to bed at 6 o'clock, just to wake up at two in the morning. He quickly typed a few words to his mom, hoping she'd answer before he'd fall asleep.