10: Letting Go

So much time had flown by, while Izuku struggled to get over his massive crush on Japan's number two pro hero. He always found himself going straight back to the handsome blonde, falling for him harder every time he'd dive into ruby eyes. He had tried going out on dates with other men, thinking Bakugou never got any of his hints. He had even gone to the point of confessing his love to the blonde numerous times, and telling him he was gay (and had no interest in his mother's fake breasts, too), but Katsuki always ended up rejecting him.

And for some unknown reason, Izuku was simply unable to get rid of the feelings he had for his friend. No matter how much he tried. 

"I'm so unrealistic. What a dumbass." The greenette mumbled, scrolling through YouTube. His head rested on the side of his desk as he clicked on an interesting video. He waited as an add began playing, something about a local bank, which lasted no more than fifteen seconds. Almost immediately, the scene of a talk show popped up on his screen, along with a very popular host. The show was popular throughout Japan, known for interviewing famous actors, heroes, singers and other important people. Today was a day Izuku had been looking forward to. The day Katsuki Bakugou was finally given the number one spot, and interviewed by Japan's best talk show host. 

Sadly, Izuku wasn't available at the time of the live, since he was stuck working, downstairs at the daycare while his mother stepped out for a bit. That's why he was stuck watching the interview off of YouTube, instead.

The greenette stared at his screen, earbuds popped into his ears as he listened to the crowds cheer, Katsuki's handsome figure sitting on a yellow couch. No matter what he wore, Katsuki always looked great to Midoriya. Only, the attire the hero had chosen to wear to this event was by far the most sexy one Izuku had ever seen on his friend. A black button-down T-Shirt revealed a nice collar bone, and a part of Bakugou's chest. A nice golden belt buckle was seen adorning a pair of dark red jeans. 

Somehow, everything matched and looked really hot. That was another thing Izuku admired of the blonde: His sense of style. 

A shy smile appeared on coral lips as he listened to the conversation, mostly talk about how proud Bakugou was to finally have taken All Might's spot, since the older hero had finally retired after many years of service. Katsuki seemed to be happy, truly happy. More happy than Izuku had ever seen him before. Although, it was hard to tell whether or not the blonde was faking it, since he was on live television. 

Midoriya flinched, hearing a loud knock through his earphones. He plucked one out, glancing towards the door. "Mom?" He muttered, hearing no response. He hesitated for a few seconds, eventually returning to the video he was interested in. However, he was interrupted by another loud knock, this one sounding more clear to the greenette since one of his earbuds were still out. 

Izuku's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, closing his computer and glancing to his window which was hidden by a gray curtain. He pushed himself away from his desk, standing up as he wondered what could possibly be banging in his window. He figured it might be a branch, but then again, there were no trees planted next to his bedroom window. What on earth could be knocking in his window, situated on the second floor, at eleven o'clock at night? 

The freckled male shivered, peeking through his window as he pulled back the curtains a bit. Emerald eyes widened to the sight of a toothy grin and ruby red orbs, peering at him as wind seemed to make it hard for him to hang on. Izuku hurriedly unlocked his window, sliding it open to let his friend inside. 

"Are you nuts? What're you doing here?" He whispered, a bit panicked. He glanced around, worried his sleeping mother might hear the commotion, even if her bedroom was far from his. 

"I tried calling you, you never answered." The blonde muttered, dusting off his black T-Shirt and removing his jacket. "Damn, the wind outside is bad tonight."

"I'm sorry, my phone was charging." Midoriya apologized, pointing to the device which laid on his bed. He had set it on silent and had forgotten to activate his notifications again, which is why he never heard a vibrator or his ringtone. 

"Meh, it's fine. I figured I'd drop by. Kate's staying at my mom's tonight and I was just bored." Katsuki scoffed, shrugging. "You hear the news?" He added with a large smile. Midoriya couldn't hide his joy as he nodded. 

"Congratulations." He spoke, clenching his hands. He was truly, extremely happy for his friend. 

"Thanks." Katsuki returned, looking down. An awkward silence took place as Izuku remembered the situation he was in. Wearing nothing but a Dynamight cropped shirt, and a pair of Dynamight sweatpants. He tripped back, sitting on his bed as he pulled a corner of a blanket over his thighs. He could feel his friend's glare on him, making him quite uncomfortable. "Question." The blonde eventually spoke up. 

"Answer." Izuku responded, looking up to meet soft red eyes. 

"I've been thinking. About me and you. And I want to thank you." The blonde started, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he leaned back against Izuku's desk. "You've been more than patient with me, and I don't blame you for seeing other people in the meantime. I'm glad they didn't work out with you, though." Bakugou stated with a chuckle, earning a smile from the blushing man. "I want to start something with you." 

Izuku's eyes widened slightly to the sound of his friend's statement, feeling his heartrate increase. "Yeah?" He squeaked. 

"Yeah. BUT-" Katsuki spoke, pulling out a hand to hold up a finger. "I'm not comfortable with all this. Can we keep this between me and you, at the moment. 'Cause..." The blonde trailed off, stepping closer to Izuku as he crouched to his level. The blonde's hand caressed a freckled cheek, his thumb tracing over plump lips. "I really like you. I do. But I don't think I'm comfortable... Coming out just yet. Is that okay with you?" 

Izuku felt his heart drop to the feeling of Katsuki breath against his lips. He struggled to hold back, wanting to close the gap between them as soon as possible. He nodded gently, green curls bouncing as he leaned forward a bit, their lips brushing.

"I'm more than okay with that." He whispered, looking up to meet crimson orbs. He heard the blonde scoff as he leaned in closer, finally closing the gap. 

It was just a peck. A very soft peck. A peck that Izuku would never forget. His very first kiss. With the number one Pro Hero of Japan. Katsuki Bakugou. Dynamight. The man he's admired during his teenage years. The man he fell head-over-heels for. 

"Just as long as you promise to come out to the public, one day." Izuku muttered, pulling away as he struggled to keep his breathing under control. His heart was threatening to break out of his chest, his mind was scattered all over. He could barely focus on the blonde's next words. 

"I promise." Bakugou spoke, gently intertwining a finger through a green curl. He leaned in once again, pressing yet another gentle peck on soft lips. Kissing someone after so long felt simply amazing. He didn't feel regret or pain, as he thought he would. 

Deep down inside, he had been holding onto someone's hand, not wanting to let them go. Even if they weren't even there anymore. But now, deep down inside, he was finally letting go of Katie's hand, to intertwine his fingers with freckled ones instead.