The Corpse Alchemist

" Well...she's quite the catch, isn't he?" Lady Barkus absently said as she inspected her flawless nails. Edwin slowly covered his mouth with his hand, staring at the door that Y/n had left through. Regretting his choice to let the scorning happen.

She is beautiful, and she seemed smart, and kind. I'm sorry dear Y/n. I have let my resignness take over once again. And left my lady when she needed me most.

****************************Small Time Skip**************************************************

Meanwhile, on the stone bridge that separated the town from the large expanse of woods, the H/c inventor held the small flower from the vial from the piano in her hands, as she leaned on the bridge, her feet in between worlds. The very edges of her dress now dirtied with mud and small holes from running so far.

" Oh Edwin..." She started as she sighed. " He must think I'm such a fool."

A small strand of hair fell in front of her e/c eyes.

" This day couldn't get any worse." She decided. That was, until a loud bell rang and the town newsman yelled out the latest scandal.

" HEAR YE! HEAR YE!, REHEARSAL IN RUINS: VANDORT GIRL CAUSES CHAOS!"

Y/n rolled her eyes, " Of course I'm already on a headline." She groaned. The town was so uneventful, that she knew the slightest excitement would be the town gossip. In fact, if someone knew about the smallest couple argument, the entire town would know within a matter of hours.

The girl scoffed at the man as he continued to yell out the latest news, ringing his bell as he walked off. Y/n did the same, she sighed as she made her way into the dark expanse of forest across the old bridge.

As she walked in the nightshone woods, she couldn't stop thinking.

" It really shouldn't be all that difficult," She sighed as she walked through the bony dark trees. " It's just a few simple words."

That will force you into a life you never wanted. She added silently.

The h/c girl pretended she held a ring as she tried to recite her vows again. " With this hand, I will take your wine. Ugh- no!" She slapped her forehead.

As she recited her incorrect vows over and over as she walked, the young girl did not notice how deep into the forest she was getting. Too deep into her thoughts, she didn't once turn back.

" With this hand," She started again, as she cupped her hands under her chest. " I will cup your-" She stopped short when she noticed where her hands were.

" OH GOODNESS NO!" She snickered and tried again. A crow settled on a branch above her.

" With this, with this- hand. With this- with this candle, I will..." The teenager finally stopped walking.

" I will..." She tried.

She sighed again, putting her hands over her face. " I will light your mother on fire." She groaned as she sat. " Oh it's no use." Y/n pulled out the small flower from the piano vase she had in her hidden pocket. The golden wedding ring hooked on it, gleaming in the moonlight.

I do not love him. I cannot marry a man I don't love. It is as simple as that.

But what choice did she have? In the life she was born into, she had no other family, none that understood her. Even since she was a child, no children ever bothered to play with her, deeming her weird and 'a know it all'.