Preparations For A Wedding.

Edwin sat in front of a mirror as Hildegard tightened the boy's corset for his suit. His parents wanted him to look his absolute best. The brown-haired boy held back tears from lack of air and sadness. He did not want to marry Lady Barkus. He wanted to help Y/n. This was not the life he wanted.

" Master Edwin," Hildegard started in her fragile tone, " We must leave for the church now." She said gently as she buttoned the last of his suit and tie.

" I...I thought my wedding would be happy." He said as he shook his head, looking at his reflection, his voice breaking.

" Now i feel like i'm caught in a tide," He hiccuped " Pulled out to sea."

Hildegard looked at the young teen with caring eyes." A sea leads to many places dearie," She said as she gently tilted his chin up " Maybe you'll land somewhere better." She said as she held back tears herself. Edwin's heartbroken eyes turned to emotionless ones.

*************************************************************************************************************

" With this candle, I will light your way in darkness." Lady Barkus said her vows perfectly as she lifted the candle gracefully. The family sat in the church as they watched the wedding unfold. Mr.Everglot cleared his throat and Lady Barkus turned her head to see him looking at his watch and back at her, moving his hand in a motion to tell her to speed things along.

" With this ring," She lifted up Edwin's limp hand as he stared at nothing. " I ask you to be mine." She dropped his lifeless hand after she slipped on the gold ring.

Edwin said nothing but look down and close his eyes, accepting that this was his fate.

" I now pronounce you husband, and wife." Pastor Gallswells said.

Hildegard blew her nose sadly as she sat in the back of the church in the last row.

*************************************************************************************************************

You sat on a step outside, thinking about your plan to get back Upstairs and save Edwin from his marriage. Varian was inside the kitchen trying to see what he could get you to eat that was well...edible.

You were snapped out of your scheming thoughts as you heard the corpse alchemist's upset muffled voice from inside the kitchen. The door was open a smidge as you saw the green light flooding onto the stairs from within. You stood, worried about what was wrong. Before you opened the door, you heard the boy say something else.

" Are all women like this?"

You stopped. Was he seeking advice from the cooks?

" I'm afraid so, love. We women are very fragile creatures, emotionally anyway. Physically, well... don't ever get that Y/n angry. You hear?" The cook lady said as she cleaned a knife with a towel.

You slightly chuckled at that.

All of a sudden, Elder Gutknecht walked into the room through the back door, holding his book.

" My boy, we have to talk." He said in a grave tone.

Varian spun around, looking at the short skeleton with curious concerned eyes. " What is it?"

" Let me tell him. Let me!" The maggot said as he came into view from the pages of the book, he chuckled sinisterly.

The boy gave the maggot a weird look. " Tell me what?"