Can A Heart Still Break Once It's Stopped Beating?

Edwin ran outside and gasped at the sight he was met with. Families and couples both alive and dead were happily making their way to the church. The giant wedding cake was being carried to the church as well.

" BEGONE YOU DEMONS OF HELL!" Paster Galswells said as he stood in front of the church. " BACK TO THE HOLE FROM WHENCE YOU CAME!" He declared as the crowd of dead souls looked at him.

" YOU SHALL NOT ENTER HERE!"

They all looked at eachother.

" BACK! BACK I SAY!"

....

"Keep it down sir, we're in a church." A dead man said as he walked in with the rest of the dead people, they all walked past the old pastor who gaped at the scene.

" Good evening" Another skeleton said as he tipped his hat.

Pastor Galswells dropped his staff with wide eyes, unblinking.

Varian stood in the church at the altar, Elder Gutknecht stood behind the table with a book.

" Sir, the young boy Edwin has successfully left his wife. We've scared the Everglots away. Edwin should be here soon." A soldier skeleton said to Varian as he sauted.

" Yesss!" Varian said as he quietly celebrated with a clenched fist. " Alright let's get this show on the road, thank you. Give the signal to the bride, please." The soldier nodded as he left. After everyone was seated, music started.

Everyone turned to see you as you stood in your ghostly wedding dress, you stepped into the light as everyone gasped at you. You gently smiled as Varian stared with a nervous but loving gaze. Flower petals were spread out as you stepped on them, making your way down the aisle. You were so glad your plan to scare Edwin's parents and Lady Barkus seemed to have worked. You took graceful steps as the light fabric of your veil flowed behind you. Finally, you reached the altar, where you joined hands with the corpse groom.

" Dearly beloved," Elder Gutknecht said in his shaky voice as he opened the book. " And departed, we are gathered here today to join this girl and this corpse in matrimony."

Edwin finally reached the church, he gasped at the sight of you and the corpse groom at the altar.

" Y/n?" He whispered, no one heard except a skeleton who turned to the boy.

" Shh." He said.

Edwin's eyes widened.

" Living first." Elder Gutknecht said as he left you to your vows. You lifted the golden ring.

" With this hand, I will lift your sorrows." You recited as you grabbed the golden goblet from the table. " Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine."

" Now you," The skeleton gestured to the corpse alchemist. Varian looked at you with his blazing blue eyes, full of love and wonder.

" With this hand, I will lift your sorrows." He carefully said as his eyes were wet. The boy carefully lifted the Wine Of Ages. " Your cup will never empty. For I will be..." He poured the wine into your cup, his eyes suddenly connecting with Edwin, who stood behind you. You hadn't noticed still.

Edwin looked at you thoughtfully. He had let you go. You both knew that you wanted different things in life. But he was confused, you'd seemed so scared when you were swept off by the crows. What happened? Were you happy now? He had to know.