8

Jayy

I dropped the girls off now I'm house hunting. Since school isn't really my thing and I know Lauren would feel better if we had our own place until she could figure shit out with her ma.

I know a few spots on Covington but they are houses and we aren't ready for that yet. Lauren and I are still in high school even though I don't go and maybe her mom might let her come back home so we will discuss that later.

My phone started ringing of course it was Lauren calling.I guess we will talk about it now.

"Wassup baby." I turned onto the highway.

"Jayy you gotta go get Addie." She said frantically.

"What? What's wrong." A million thoughts flooded through my head as I tried to turn around but I know I can't so I'll take the next exit.

"My mom stop paying her childcare fees so we have thirty minutes to pick her up or the center is calling cps." She cried. I guess her moms
really not playing.

"Calm down baby I'm ten minutes away just stay focused on school I got her." I spoke smoothly.

"Okay." She sniffed. "Call me as soon as you get there."

I hadn't made things easy for Lauren in the beginning, but I promise I will now.

"I will I love you." I stop at the light. The road was pretty empty at this time of day.

"I love you to baby bye." She hung up. I know she's still worried, she still didn't trust me and she had her reasons not to.

Why would Mrs.Teals do that when she knows what would happen to her grand daughter. Maybe she doesn't love her as genuinely as my mother does.

I speed the rest of the way to her daycare and got there as fast as I could. The center was really nice and I understand why Lauren would want her attending here but not if they trip about missing one payment.

I open the door and a cool breeze and strong smell of bleach hit my nose. I haven't been to one of these things in forever. Well I haven't been since the last girl I was dating, well fucking said I was the father of her son.

I was so happy to be a dad I supported her the whole way but, as soon as the baby was born my momma knew something was up.

Lil man didn't look anything like me. The older he got the more suspicious I got as well and, every time I tried to get a test she made a big deal about how she didn't question me after I cheated so I shouldn't be questioning her. Long story short somehow my mother got snuck a paternity test and ole boy wasn't mine. I don't know why these hoes love throwing babies on Jayy.

I thought that's what Lauren was trying to do at first that's why I was so reluctant of seeing Addie I didn't want to go through that roller coaster again. I know it's not right but one of the worst feelings in the world is falling in love with a baby and then finding out it's not yours.

When I realized she was still handling her business without me which meant she wasn't trying to use me for a my dope money I got out of my head because I knew I was the one that took her virginity and Lauren wasn't a promiscuous girl so Addie had to be mines. Which made me step up and I don't regret it.

I followed the signs to the office and stepped in. The director gave a horrible look of disgust like she felt that she was above me in some way.

"May I help you?" She pulled her glasses on to her nose.

"Yeah I'm here to get Addie Schols You called and said she had thirty minutes to be picked up." I tried to be respectful as possible.

"Name?" Damn I know I'm not on the list.