•••TWENTY TWO•••

—GOING HOME—

                  LORENZO

It's been seven whole days since I last seen someone come out the house. I've seen a couple people walk in and out I'm sure visiting Daisy and the baby. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she was even pregnant. I'm also not sure how to even approach the situation but I know that it needs to be approached  with caution. I've been waiting to catch Daisy by herself to try and figure out what the fuck is going on but that bastard has been glued to her side and it's starting to piss me off I'm refraining from busting the door down and blowing his fucking head off but I knew that would push Daisy over the edge. So here I was sitting outside her house acting like an idiot not knowing what to do or how to react I've never felt like this my whole life I've never had to take someone's feelings into consideration until I meet Daisy. My phone ringing gets my attention. "What?" I bark into the phone not bothering to look at who it was calling. "So I did some digging on Daisy and you might want to meet somewhere." Was the only thing Leonardo said before the line went silent for a moment I look between the house windows for any movement but git nothing. "Fine there's a diner down the street from Daisy's meet me there in ten minutes." I said before hanging up and taking one more long look at the house before starting the car and driving in the direction of the diner. I pulled into the parking lot to see Leonardo already sitting at a table through the window. I turn the engine off and meet him at the table. He has a file sitting beside him at the table while stuffs his face with fries. I sit across from him as he looks up and swallows the fries. "Spit it out dumb ass I don't have all day." I immediately grow irritated by his presence. "Damn let me swallow my food first or I could chock and die. I looked into Grazia liked you asked and I'm not going to lie whoever hide her did a good fucking job it took a lot to get what I did and just to warn you it's not much but I did confirm that Daisy and Grazia have the same DNA I I had it checked but that's about all I got on her everything else is still buried and so far I have nothing." He fills me in and I feel myself go completely still at his words. I don't know the emotions that are coursing though me right now but none of them are good. She lied to me about everything after I've been honest about everything she has been lying to me. "So she is running from Aleksei, makes sense as to why she left abruptly after she got that text on her phone." I voice my thoughts out loud as Leonardo is nodding while finishing off his food. Now that I'm starting to think about it an idea comes to mind. "Call Theo and tell him to look into Aleksei and where's he's been recently. If he's found out who Daisy really is then he could be fucking with my business to get to Daisy or whatever the fuck her name is." I finished with a huff looking out the window watching the people walk by. "On it. Do you have any updates on her?" He asks changing the subject sliding over the file with little to no information in it over to me. "No they haven't left at all I was hoping the bastard would leave so I can speak to her without him getting spooked and leaving me running off with her somewhere." I turn my head to him when I hear him let out a sigh. "You can't be mad at him for trying to protect her she's like his family and Daisy said it herself he's the only family she even has beside us now." I furrow my brows at him giving him a look of confusion. "Let's hope for his life thats all it is." I drop the subject but he mentions something I have yet to address myself. "How are you dealing with the news of the baby?" He asks giving his trash to the waitress as she scurries off. "I haven't. I don't even know how to process it, its mine it has to be. I just don't get how she would think running away from me would keep her safe." I shake my head not being able to wrap my mind around it. Leonardo shrugs his shoulders like it's no big deal. "She could have thought it was best for her. I mean she did lie maybe she thought you would do something to her if you fond out I mean you can be very unpredictable when angry, but the only thing I can really say to you right now is go talk to her figure out this big shit show we seem to be involved in. Plus I want to see the baby already Ive been dying I don't even know if it's a boy or girl I barely got to seem it when I went into the room." He gives a stupid grin making me shake my head at him but I cant help the feeling refuting in the pit of my stomach a the thought of seeing Daisy again and meeting the baby she birthed for the first time but i knew my brother was right when he said I needed to see her. I stood up bidding my brother goodbye as I made my way out the door back to my car.