Part 5✨

Anaya POV:

Next day i was sitting at the breakfast table when Shahnawaz came and sat on the opposite seat and said.
"Be ready at 4 I'll pick you up for the groceries" and went out before I could say anything.

I was sure he was going to change his mind but he didn't. Moreover he offered to come with me. That's shocking. I couldn't help but feel a little excited.

I was ready at exact 4. The clock strikes 5 now I'm beginning to lose hope "What if he changed his mind"
A car horn came. i immediately ran outside holding a water bottle.

I sat in the car and gave water to him. He look at me questionably but took it. After living with him for a week i have realized that he rarely drinks water. I don't think he does it on purpose. It's a subconscious habit which needs to be fixed. That's why i offer him water daily without caring he is going to reject it.

At the market i was checking price of every item before putting it in the cart.
"What are you doing?" He asked
"I'm checking the price"
"Why"
"I don't want to overspend"
"Do i look poor to you?"
"No"
"Don't worry about money. I got more than enough"

I entered the book section and found the book i have been desperately looking for. But I can't ask Shahnawaz to buy it for me. Don't want to push his limits. He has already done enough.

"Why did you stop? What are you looking at?"
"Nothing"
We went towards the check-out and payed for groceries.
"Go to the car I forgot something at the store" Shahnawaz said

At the house he helped me taking stuff out of the car. Unlike my family who never helped me. I used to make countless trips because of too much stuff.

I was unboxing the groceries when i found the book. I don't remember buying it. That means he bought it for it. My heart warmed at this. No one has ever given me anything on their own. I always had to ask or should i say beg.

I thanked him at dinner. He just gave me a small smile. Oh my god he got dimples. How come i haven't noticed it. Cuz he rarely smiles probably that's why.

We have kinda fell into routine now. Although we rarely talk but He eats breakfast and dinner with me.
One day at the breakfast table, He said:
"Don't make dinner tonight we have to go somewhere"
"Ok but what's the occasion"
"You will see when you get there"
"Oh but i have to dress accordingly na i can't wear jeans to every occasion" I started rambling
"Oh right it's a wedding " He chuckled at my rant and got up to go to the office.

I can't believe i ranted Infront of him. Since when did i get so comfortable with him? I'm so used to staying silent i don't know from where these words came.

Khair i checked my wardrobe to see if i have a fancy dress or not and found one which i wore on my brother's wedding. It was Sari. Although it was 3-4 years old but i have worn it once or twice. I have barely gained any weight so fitting into it shouldn't be an issue.

He came back and also started getting ready. I was standing at the entrance when he came out. He immediately stopped when he noticed me. I thought he was going to say something but when he didn't i asked
"What? Don't i look ok or something"
"No you are ok"
"You look more than ok" He said under his breath but i caught him.

In the car he said
"Listen stay by me at all cost. They don't know the situation of how we got married so they are expecting us to be a happy couple. So we have to pretend to be one"
I nodded.

At the event we both acted like newly weds.
"Hey stay here i have to talk to someone' Shahnawaz said
Suddenly i heard my name i turned to see it was my cousin.
"What are you doing here? "My cousin said
"I'm here to attend the wedding"
"Are you alone" He held my hand
He has always been very touchy. Although i have tried to stop him countless times but he doesn't budge. I tried to pull away my hand but no avail.

"Leave her hand" Shahnawaz voice came
"Who are you? It's our personal matter! So stay away" My cousin replied
"I will repeat myself again. Leave my wife hand"
My cousin jerked away from me.
"What"
Shahnawaz went to him and patted his shoulder.
"If i see you near her again That will be the last time you are going to be seen alive" 

Shahnawaz came up to me and held my hand and pulled me towards the exit. I could sense that he was angry. At the house he immediately went up to his room.

I didn't understand Shahnawaz's reaction. He didn't have to defend me. He doesn't even consider me his wife. I'm scared to ask him.

Hope you like this chapter
Do vote comment
Peace out✌️