* 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞. *

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆.

Each year my family attends a ball that is reserved for mafia families, recently when attending these balls my father has made more of an effort to find me an arranged husband. As a child, I had always wished to marry for love, and I know that is what my mother wished for me too.

 Unfortunately, the men my father decides to introduce me to are the worst ones he could ever pick, Most of the time the reason he tries to betroth them to me is for more power and alliances the most recent man I was introduced to was Micheal Hill (Like jewelry brand ;) ) Micheal came from the British mafia and the men in that family were known for abusing their wives did my father know this? yes, he did. Did he care? definitely not. Unfortunately for me, I come from the Ried family my father is the leader of the French mafia which makes me the French mafia princess as I'm the only daughter of my parents.

"Adrienne, you must make haste and put your dress on" My mother scolded me from outside the bathroom.

"Must I come?" I whine peeking my head through the gap in the doorframe, and looking at my mother who was sitting on my bed, hands folded in her lap.

"Adrienne" My mother rolled her eyes. "Just show me the dress." I sighed stepping out of the bathroom.

The dress I had chosen was a long black dress that was tight around my waist, caressed my curves, and had a slit going up my leg that reached above my mid-thigh, overall the dress was gorgeous. My hair had been pinned loosely behind my ears, I wore tall black stilettos. (Dress at the top of the chapter)

My mother stood up walking over to me, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear before kissing my cheek.

"You look beautiful, my darling girl," She whispered as she placed her arm in mine, leading me downstairs where my father waited, alongside my other brother Matheo, and Elliot.

"Finally you're ready, we need to go before we're late." My father scoffed, and my mother let go of my arm after giving me a gentle pat, before obediently walking towards my father who had already begun to walk towards the car.

"You look Beautiful, Ri" His compliment brought a smile to my lips, and he walked us towards the car as I slid into the car my parents were whispering amongst themselves but immediately stopped once they noticed me enter, I sat across from them my mother offered me a small smile.

"Adrienne, I'm expecting you to be on your best behavior this evening." He demanded his eyes narrowed, I nodded before turning my gaze out the window.

*--*--

I followed closely behind my parents as they walked towards the doors, my eldest brother Matheo linked arms with me as we made our way through the crowd, everyones eyes were set on us as my father stopped to talk.

"I am thirsty," I spoke to Matheo, he looked down at me sighing before leading me towards the bar and ordering me a red wine as I lifted the glass to my lips, I looked beside me to see a woman her eyes met mine.

"I didn't mean to stare" She laughed her cheeks pink.

"You're fine" I smiled, looking at her dress she wore a gorgeous deep red fabric that hugged her curves perfectly her brunette hair was pulled tightly up giving her a tight bun a few curled pieces framed her face.

"You look stunning" I complimented her with a smile.

"I was thinking the same thing about you!" She laughed, in which I joined in.

"I'm Valentina" She introduced herself extending her hand out.

"Adrienne" I smiled.

She finished her glass, before standing up and taking my arm leading me to the dance floor where the soft music was playing, she linked her arm with mine we both smiled as we danced together we were laughing and smiling as we danced I looked to my side noticing my father approaching us an unimpressed expression on his face.

"Lovely meeting you!" I sighed before adding "I'll try to find you later!" I smiled at her as my father took my arm.

"Adrienne, come there is someone I'd like you to meet." He sent a fake smile to Valentina, before pulling me towards him and leaning down to my ear.

"You will be on your best behavior" He grits into my ear I nod as he pulls me across the room his hold firm on my arm i maintain my focus on the ground as my father and I come to a halt. I raised my eyes off the ground noticing a double door, my father and I entered a man who appeared to look roughly around my age was seat in a leather chair across from us, I frowned confused looking up at my father.

"Is this her?" The stranger asked his Italian accent prominent when he spoke.

"Yes." My father responded a frown apparent on my face.

"Is anyone going to explain what's going on or are we going to continue to act as if I'm not here?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest, I noticed the stranger's eye cast down to my chest.

"Mind your manners, Adrienne!" My father scolds, I looked towards the man in front of me studying his appearance, his black hair was messy as if he had run his fingers through it multiple times, his suit was well kept, and the tightness of the suit outlined his muscles, my eyes met him as my father apologized.

"You haven't told her?" The man scoffed, and I cast my eyes toward my father.

"Told me what?" I asked.

"Adrienne, this is Ares De Luca he is to be your future husband.

--*--*

Enjoy.

Rewritten on the 25 of May 2024

If I'm honest still not 100% happy with this chapter, but once it is finished it will most likely be taken down to be re-edited completely.

Lots of love xo