* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 *

--*--*

3rd Person:

Adrienne thought she had gotten lucky last night once she walked into the bedroom it seemed like Ares had already fallen asleep or so she thought...

"Adrienne, what has happened?" His voice was raspy, it startled her.

"I don't know what you mean, Ares?" She had closed her hands in a fist feeling her nails dig into her palm.

"You've changed since we left Bali" Adrienne was certain that she wouldn't tell him, not until she had to.

"I'm just bored here" Ares scoffed.

"Valentina has recently arrived, how can you be bored love?" Adrienne searched her mind for an excuse but struggled.

"How can you be bored." Ares stood in front of her, watching her closely.

"I don't know, I just feel bored I had enjoyed Bali" she shrugged, wanting to coward away from Ares's dark gaze.

"It's late, we will talk in the morning" Adrienne had noticed how Ares's Italian accent became more prominent when he was mad, or depending on what he was saying.

"We will discuss over breakfast" he added watching as she walked into the bathroom.

The room was filled with awkward silence, as Adrienne was typing on her phone her acrylic nail tapping against her phone screen, she walked out of the bathroom and towards the bed.

Adrienne's stomach churned as she looked down at the message, her fingers hovering over the keys.

Unknown: "We will see each other sooner than you think, my dear."

Ares noticed how Adrienne had paused in her spot glancing down at her phone.

"Is something wrong?" Ares frowned.

"Nope," Adrienne smiled placing her phone down, deciding not to reply to the message.

She slowly got into bed, remaining to her side, instead of moving closer to Ares like most nights.

She fell asleep, but her mind kept replaying the message in her head.

"We will see each other sooner than you think."

--*--*

𝑨𝒓𝒆𝒔•

When I woke up this morning, Adrienne's side of the bed was empty I frowned looking down at my Rolex at 6:30 am.
This was odd for Adrienne as for the duration of their marriage she always seemed to stay in bed till 9:00 am I brushed off the feeling walking downstairs to get my coffee where a maid informed me Adrienne was still in the residence.

"Mrs. De Luca, accompanied by the dogs went outside this morning just after 6:00 am, sir"  I nodded walking upstairs to my office, to work on the massive amounts of paperwork I was yet to complete.

"Eros!" I heard Adrienne yell from outside, looking outside the window I watched as Adrienne lay on the grass Zeus sitting beside her while Eros ran around.

I heard the door open, drawing my attention away from Adrienne towards Ace who walked into my office.

"Dobbiamo parlare del prossimo ballo, pensiamo che sia una buona idea partecipare?" He spoke doing up his cuff links.

(We need to speak about the upcoming ball, do we think it is a good idea to attend?)

"Perché non dovrebbe essere Ace?" I questioned signing paperwork