*𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱*

𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝑰 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔.

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

Valentina and I made it home a couple of hours ago and now I was on my way to my parent's house with Ares who had a usual scowl on his face as he kept his focus on the road I pull my phone out as I scroll through my Instagram I look down my feed to see Odette & Celine taking photos together I let out a sigh as I watch my two best friends being happy without me I know that I wouldn't be too hung up on the fact I moved away back into America it was always the plan. But as I click on Odette's account all the photos including me have either been removed or I've been cropped out, I let out a scoff as I turn off my phone and place it on my lap I feel Ares's eyes on mine before he spoke.

"What's your problem?" I turn to him and go to open my mouth before deciding against it

"Nothing" I smile as a face the window again and I see the familiar set of trees out the window I know we are close to home as Ares pulls into our long driveway I pull down the mirror placing my hair over my ears before I continue to look out the window my parents are standing at the front doorstep awaiting our arrival I smile as I see my mama.

"Mama!" I smile as I exit the car and get embraced into a welcoming hug she kisses my cheek and I do the same for her before turning to my father who is in a conversation with Ares he looks up at me

"Ah, Adrienne welcome home" he smiles as I kiss his cheeks before standing beside Ares.

"Let's go inside shall we?" My mother cuts the awkward silence as we all walk inside I hear a patter of footsteps as I see Micha she is mine and my mother's cat I bend down to pat her as he begins to purr Father looks down at me disapprovingly making me stand up as Micha rubs up against my legs we all sit down at the table as the maids bring us out dinner placing nicely in-front of us I tuck my hair behind my ears my father frowns at me before speaking.

"What have we said about tucking hair behind our ears" He glares I sigh out a mumble as I untuck my hair my father has never liked when I had my hair tucked behind my ears it shows how big they are.

"So Adrienne, have you found a dress?" My mother smiled

"Yes Mother" I fiddled with the fabric of my skirt as my mother paraded me with questions about the wedding

"What flowers are you having?"

"Do you have bridesmaids"

"Do have catering done?"

"Have you practiced walking in your heels?"

"Do you know where you're going on your honeymoon!"

"Oh my have you messaged Aunt Marie!"

"She will be so happy to hear of your engagement"

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, mother" I nodded sparing a glance at Ares who seemed to be talking business with father.

"what's the dress look like? " my mother gasped at my phone as she pulled down her glasses she gave me a playful slap on my arm.

"That's stunning, my little dove!" I smiled my mother looked at me

"Liam, came over and asked where you were, he said you weren't replying to his messages?" my mother questioned

"Liam, he came here?" I asked confused

"Who's Liam?" I heard a deep voice ask turning around my eyes meet with Ares narrowed ones.

"He's just a friend" I muttered

"A friend you say?" He let out a scoff

"A friend" I emphasized the word friend rolling my eyes.

"Liam's harmless" My mother intervened 

"I remember his little crush on you" I looked toward Mum with rosy cheeks

"Mum, stop that was ages ago." I frowned not making eye contact with Ares.

"Don't mind Aurélie, Mr. De Luca" My father spoke glaring at my mother.

I pushed my chair back as my parents began to bicker my father getting angry with my mother for the fact she brought up Liam in front of my fiance, walking out of the dining room I walked into the garden looking at the state of it made me sigh weeds growing and little rabbit holes.

 This was my escape from my father Mum would sometimes come to join me when father was away it seemed to be our little thing alongside baking letting out a huff I bent down and began to pull the weeds out until I heard the gravel crunching notifying someone was coming I quickly stood up before turning to whoever was coming I looked as Ares walked towards me his hands in his pockets.

"What are you doing," He asked looking down at my muddy hands.

"Gardening, what does it look like?" I scoffed 

"As I have previously told you, do not speak to me like that Adrienne" His gaze hardened I mimicked him.

"Are you always a brat?" he snapped

"Maybe I am, why should you care I'm only here for your benefit" I hissed before I continued "This is all for your benefit, not mine, I get nothing out of this, and before you go on about 'You get safety, or you get my money'. Don't because you will never understand not everyone wants money like you do!" I yelled 

"You knew this is what the marriage was going to be like, you are here to provide me an heir and be here as Donna, so do not start with me, Adrienne!" He  snarled 

"No I did not know how this marriage was, have you met my father does it honestly look like I would know anything, and if you think I would provide any kids for you you're in for a rude awaking Ares." At this point, my hands were trembling at my side and Ares looked as if he was going to blow.

"If you lay and hand on me I swear to god Ares" I glared at him 

"You seriously think I would rape you, are you kidding me who the fuck do you think I am!" He seemed to actually be enraged I'm sure my parents could hear us yelling at each other.

"You're a mafia leader, what else can I expect!" I took a step back as he walked closer.

"Exactly Adrienne, Im a mafia leader, and the way you're talking to me isn't wise." He growled I knew I really shouldn't be speaking to him this way but I'd never seen or heard of the contract. I knew I would probably have to give him an heir, but now it was all just hitting me the fact my father sold me to the most ruthless man the don of the Italian mafia, and my mother just sat there.

"Oh really, do whatever you please Ares" I laughed that seemed to be his last straw because he gripped my arm pulling me towards him and smashing me into his chest I could hear his heart beating rapidly his heavy breathing matched mine, I look up at him his eyes were already on me and then he did a thing I did not expect him to do at all.

--*--*

He stabbed her the end.

Kidding...

Sorry, this chapter took me so long to post but I did have writer's block it's out now, and I do have to say I think this is my favorite chapter. Also, this chapter probably wouldn't be out if it wasn't for my best friend she helped me out of my writer's block yolo.

And before you say Adrienne is just being dramatic she isn't.

Anyways love you all mwah.