* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 *

You never know what will happen next, until it happens.

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

I looked down at my hands which were now shaking as I was left in shock in the hallway. My heart was pounding, my ears were ringing, and I could feel the tears streaming down my face my breathing was uneven and breathless, I heard footsteps steps and a familiar voice

"Adrienne?"

6 hours before:

I sat beside Valentina as multiple people worked on our hair and makeup, we had previously assured our husbands we were in no need of help, but they insisted.

"How long until the ball?" I turned my head to Valentina as she gazed upon her phone.

"4 hours" I nodded my head being yanked backwards as my hair was pulled ever so tighter if that was possible. Our dresses were currently hanging inside Valentina's wardrobe where they had been sitting for the past 2 hours which is how long Valentina and I have been sitting in front of the vanity.

I had decided on the navy blue dress, which featured a straight across neckline and illustrated my curves by showcasing my waist and hips. Valentina's dress had a scandalous neckline that looked absolutely divine on her figure. It cinched at the waist giving her an hourglass figure. The cream color contrasted nicely against her skin tone; she had decided on an updo to keep the dress the center of attention.

(Dress at the top of the chapter!)

My lips were tainted with burgundy red lipstick, which added a sensual look to my attire, my front pieces were slicked back, but the rest of my curly hair flowed freely down my back, and my silver earrings looked gorgeous contrasting against the color of my gown, while my wedding ring was set neatly on my recently manicured nails.

Valentina and I stood beside one another looking at our appearance in the mirror as the ladies packed up in the background, she turned to walk downstairs where Ace and Ares should be waiting, and I took one last glance at my gown ignoring the unsettling feeling. As we descended down the stairs our arms linked together as the sound of our heels clicking against the flooring alerting Ares and Ace of our presence they stopped talking and turned around I watched Ace stare at his wife in adoration making me feel extremely happy for Valentina, I directed my attention to Ares whose eyes were roaming across my body with a smirk evident in his facial features. I watched as he walked over to me, leaning down to whisper in my ear

"You look gorgeous, darling" He paused placing a small kiss on my exposed neck "Very hard to control myself, wait till we get home" He groaned into my neck making me shiver.

"Are we ready?" Valentina asked, looking away from her husband, Ares sneaked an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him before nodding and leading us toward the car.

During the duration of the car ride towards the ball venue, I leaned against Ares he linked his arm around my waist before looking down at me and asking if I was okay, I nodded he placed a light kiss on my forehead before starting a conversation with Ace which I wasn't listening to, instead I glanced out the window.

We came to a halt in front of the mansion, there were a lot of photographers awaiting the attendee's arrival including ourselves, the door opened allowing us to exit the car Ares exited the car first before leaning down to grasp my hand helping me out of the vehicle. I gave him a gentle smile, graciously grasping his hand stepping out of the car he wrapped a protective arm around my waist, as he guided us past the blinding flashes of the cameras.