* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫*

𝑯𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕, 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒓, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒚𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅-𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈,

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

"Adrienne, I would like you in my office once you are changed." I turned to Ares nodding.

Before walking upstairs towards my room and then into the wardrobe where Valentina had previously placed some clothes into my room, consisting of a pair of jeans and multiple tops, I grabbed the jeans and a top before walking over to the bathroom to have a shower.
Looking in the mirror my appearance was different from when I first left the house my hair was untidy my dress had some blood and a few tears in it I out a hiss once I pulled the dress off my body a bruise already formed across my lower stomach letting my fingers softly graze over it before I continue to undress and stepping into the shower to clean off the blood and the few cuts I have, stepping out of the shower I quickly changed into some light blue denim jeans along with a corset-like white top with flowy aspects on the sleeves and bust line.

I brushed through my hair allowing it to flow down my back before exiting my room and trying to find Ares's office turning behind me I looked towards a guard whom was standing outside of my bedroom I stood in front of him

"Can you tell me where I can find Ares's office?" I asked

"It's is down the hallway 3 doors to the left ma'am," he said pointing down the hallway I nodded before thanking him and making my way down the hallway and knocking on the door.

"come in" His gruff voice came from inside pushing open the door Ares is sitting at his desk going through paperwork looking up at me he pointed to the chairs in front of his desk signaling for me to take a seat awkwardly I slowly walked to the chair not looking up.

"Why did you need me here?" I ask my voice just above a whisper

"I want to talk about why the Russians want you?" I could feel his eyes on me looking up I shrugged my shoulders before speaking calmly

"I don't know" I replied fiddling with my fingers Ares leaned back into his chair.

"It wouldn't have to do with that fact that you disappeared randomly for 3 years when you were 9 would it." he hummed reading through a folder my head shot up making eye contact with him my facial features were blank standing up.

"If that is the only reason you called me in here, was to interrogate me if so then you can go fuck yourself. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about."He stood up, making me tilt my head up to hold eye contact.

"Then why are you reacting this way mia cara?" He smirked walking towards me and making me take steps until my back hit the wall my jaw clenched as I glared up at him before turning my head away from him as he stepped closer I felt his rough hand grip my face turning it to meet his darkened gaze

"Do not disrespect me in my house again, you may soon be my wife but you certainly aren't yet."He snapped roughly letting go of my face

"Now get the fuck out of my office" he snarled walking back to his desk I let out a scoff before walking out of his office.

--*--*

𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

After my little argument with Ares, I had a look around the house before finding a library where I had stayed for the rest of the night until dinner where a maid frantically walked up to me.

"Miss Reid, you must have dinner now please follow me!" She softly grabbed my arm and pulled me through the hallways down to the dining room where Valentina, Ace, and Ares were already seated my heels clicked on the hardwood flooring making their heads tilt up from their plates and towards me.

"Where have you been"Ares glanced at me.

"Why do you care?"I questioned "I was in the library" I sat down before looking at the food steak and vegetables I looked at the steak as everyone else's knives and forks scrapped their plates.

"Riena are you ok?" Valentina softly asked as she looked at me

"Mhm, I'm fine why do you ask?" I looked up at her

"You haven't touched your food" She gave me a small smile

Probably because of the fact I don't like steak, I hate the way it tastes and looks.

"Oh no, I'm fine just not that hungry" I let out a soft chuckle. She lets out a hum before continuing eating I feel eyes on me looking up I realised Ares is looking at me.

"Do you need something?" I asked frowning

"Eat." he simply replied I shook my head before saying

"Like I said to Valentina, I'm not hungry." I took another glance at Valentina who was looking at me as she sipped her wine.

"I don't care if your not hungry, eat something" rolled my eyes before stabbing a piece of potato and eating it

"Happy?" I let out a scoff rolling my eyes before grabbing the wine glass in front of me and taking a large sip.

"I'm going back to my room" I state pushing my chair back.

I walked off down the hallway making my way to my room yawning it may be early but I'm exhausted I let out a sigh walked into the bathroom and ran a bath tying my hair up before discarding my clothes and stepping into the bath letting out a hum as I sunk into the water.

--*--*
I'm so sorry I know it took me ages to update, I recently got back from my vacation and I didn't have the time to update unfortunately did have some writer's block but I'm back and hopefully, I am going to update more often this chapter was not one of my best I honestly did not know what to write and I was so tired.

I hope it was alright though and I hope you enjoyed it!

-Questions-

Would you mind if I changed Adrienne's name??

And also I didn't realize that Ares is said as Aries I honestly thought it was pronounced airs but I was wrong not too sure how I feel about Aries may pronounce it as Airs.

love you all mwah.