Chapter 11

"Ok, so here it is. The final product." Danny loudly exclaimed from inside the changing room. "Pls hold all applause until the end of the show."

He could hear Dick snort. "Just come out already Alan."

Chuckling to himself, Danny adjusted the beanie and mask over his face before leaving the changing room. "All right, comments? Concerns?"

He was dressed in the black, leather jacket that Dick had picked out earlier, underneath was a white T-shirt that looked plain, but the truth was that there was a small cat imprint hidden just under the jacket. His own little secret he guessed. Black, fingerless gloves covered his hands. As for the pants, he had a pair of black jeans that had a loop of chains on the left side that Selina had picked out. He was kinda hesitant because it seemed more like Sam's kind of thing...but well, Sam had a very good fashion sense. That's why his own contribution had been a pair of Black combat boots. She would be so proud of him if she was here.

And if Dick's cheering whistle was any indication, he liked the outfit too.

"Not looking bad Alan!" He said before muttering something about a 'Jason' being happy about his fashion choices. Danny didn't know who Jason was, but he must have a good eye because Danny was completely rocking this look.

He flexed his fists a little, glancing at the gloves.

"Feels weird not having any fingers on the gloves. Kinda like I'm missing something." He explained. "I guess it'll just take some adjustment."

"Not a bad thing." came Selina's reply...were her eyes a little red? Danny decided not to bring attention to that. No need to embarrass her.

"As much as I'm enjoying this-" Dick interrupted, saving Selina's dignity. "It's actually starting to get pretty late. Let's pay and get out of here, and don't worry about dinner. It's on me this time."

Danny looked at the clock in the corner of the store. Huh, it really was late. Shopping had taken a lot longer than he thought. Glancing at the mirror, he assessed his outfit one more time. He kinda looked like a cat punk kid of some sort with the whisker mask. Tucker would be laughing his head off. But Danny didn't think it looked too bad. Honestly? He kinda rocked the look and Tucker could shove it if he thought otherwise. Even if he did look like an anime protagonist. Sam and Jazz would probably love it....Valerie would probably laugh at him too now that he thought about it. Probably say he might look punk but the image is ruined once he starts talking or something like that. Which was honestly fair, punk attitude didn't suit him.

"Coming kid?"

Danny snaps out of his thoughts. Realizing he had been staring too long in the mirror, he gives a smile and a nod towards Selina before returning to the changing room to change back into his jumpsuit. It was actually kind of annoying to have to change from a jumpsuit to an outfit, only to have to change back, then have to change again as soon as the said outfit was paid for. Oh well. At least he doesn't look like a crime against fashion anymore. Unless someone looked really close, they would never be able to tell he wasn't just a normal kid....That was comforting in a way Danny had no idea how to explain. To be in a ghost form, but still look like a normal human being.

They stopped by a regular all-day coffee shop. Dick said he would have gone somewhere fancier, but Danny insisted he was fine with something quick and easy and none of them had a car that could fit all of them. That meant they couldn't do anything too far. Not unless they wanted to all squeeze onto Dick's motorcycle. As hilarious as that would be, Danny wasn't too sure the cops would think the same. Oh well.

"All right, why don't you two wait right here while I order this time," Selina mentioned, allowing both of them to sit at a table in the corner of the small restaurant/store....not a bad place honestly. The two boys had no room for argument before she took off, already knowing their orders from an earlier conversation.