Chapter 14

Danny adjusted his backpack before glancing at his newly acquired and destroyed jacket. Shame too, he really liked that jacket. Sure it was a little too punk for his usual style, but it had been a gift and he had actually enjoyed it.

A sneeze cut him off, making him groan a little in annoyance. What was with him and all this sneezing? He better not be coming down with something.

"Getting ready to leave already?"

Danny startled at the voice that came from right behind him. Selina stood in the doorframe that he had left open, her expression downcast though she quickly tried to hide it. He himself had to hide a grimace, though he thinks some of it slipped out anyway. He had dreaded this part, saying goodbye. What was he supposed to say now that the time was here? 'thanks for the food and the kindness, have a nice life?'

"Uh...yeah...I've got to be getting back soon. Ghosts aren't meant to leave their haunts for long periods of time. Tends to make us a little stir-crazy haha." He finally responded, hand coming up to scratch at his neck in nervous habit.

"...I see."

Danny floated in place for a painfully awkward moment. He had everything, so what was he stalling for? If he didn't start flying back now, he wasn't going to have enough time to get some rest before school started, and then he was going to be in big trouble. He was pretty sure he had a quiz tomorrow too. So he needed to leave...but why wasn't he? Maybe it had something to do with the pained expression he could see on Selina. He...well he couldn't just leave without saying anything right?

"Um...you know..."

Selina looked up at him when he spoke, once again startling him with sudden immediate attention. He probably looked ridiculous floating there with a nervous expression.

He coughed, trying to regain what he was trying to say. "You know, I can't really get that advice without a way to contact you. And who knows? Maybe I really will need to break into someplace someday...u-uh so the point is if you do want to stay in contact for that...I do have a phone..."

Selina's hopeful grin sent arrows of guilt through him.

"Yeah...I wouldn't mind it. Best to learn from the master after all. I couldn't possibly let you break into someplace without some guidance after all."

Selina grabbed some paper while he picked up his burnt jacket, hiding the sleeves as best he could while he stuffed it into his backpack and once again adjusted his bag on his back. Before he did that though, he grabbed a few Fenton wrist rays out, staring at them in thought before taking care to burn the F on the side off. Maybe this wasn't a good idea, but what could it hurt right? With that done, he floated out to the living room, snickering at the cats that once again tried and failed to scratch at him.

"Yeah yeah, I'll miss you too you little furballs." He snickered, sticking his tongue out at them in a loving manner.

Dick Grayson was still here, putting the stuff from earlier back in the box with a melancholy expression ...Maybe Danny should stay in contact with him too? Probably. Dick was supposed to be his brother wasn't he? It would make sense to stay in contact with him if Selina was going to.

"Hey, Dick," Man it was hard to say that with a straight face. "I was wondering if you had any more stuff? I don't have time tonight obviously, but if you wanted to show me some more another time, you would need my number right?"

Dick looked up in surprise before a blindingly bright smile shone through his previously downcast expression.

"Of course, I have more. This isn't counting the stuff I have in my own apartment at Bludhaven, just what I had here in Gotham. Better keep in contact if you want to see the rest."