4

Turning Points Academy

Tiana sat in the office once again waiting for them to call her back.

"Tiana. Come on back."

Tiana got up adjusting her book bag on her shoulder. "All the way down the hall to the left."

Tiana followed the directions and made her way to a room that read Mrs.Davis

As Tiana was about to knock on the door it opened and there stood a tall darkskin women with her hair layered with curls. She wore a pink pantsuit with some black ysl heels.

"Your Tiana right?"

"Yes"

"Hi Tiana I'm Mrs.Davis, the school's counselor ."

"So a therapist?"

"Well, yes essentially."

"Ion need no therapist." Tiana spoke scrunching up her face .

"Tiana come inside."

Tiana blew out a breath and hesitantly walked inside of the black and white decorated office.Tiana sat down at the chair that sat in front of her desk.

Mrs.Davis walked around her desk and sat in her chair. "So Tiana it's your second day right?"

Tiana nodded.

Looking down at the papers in front of her Mrs.Davis began talking. "So yesterday it was reported that you were in an altercation with some girl."

Tiana rolled her eyes and said , "we didn't even get to fight cs somebody pulled me away before I could swing."

"Tiana it was your first day what could have possibly happened for it to led to that?"

"I was tryna be nice but bitches don't know what that is now and days."

"Language Tiana."

"Why am I here?" Tiana asked .

"Well.. your here because in order for you to go back to regular school you have to have an paper signed off by me. I won't force you to talk to me but you do have to remember without my signature as well as your teachers signatures you won't be going back to regular school."

"The young lady you were about to fight has been released from our program so I will be sending you to class." Tiana got up from her chair and walked towards the door.

Mrs.Davis got up as well , "hope to you see you soon Tiana, remember what I said. I only want to help you."

Tiana heard the door close as she walked down the halls and began her journey to class.

Tiana rolled her eyes at the thought of the conversation she just had . In Tiana's mind she didn't need therapy and she was tired of people treating her like she did.

Tiana made her way to the class and then stood there contemplating on if she go to class. Just as she was walking in the opposite direction of the class she heard a familiar voice.

"Princess Tiana." The voice dragged out.

Tiana turned around seeing the same boy she saw at the mall during the weekend.

"Where you going?" The boy asked .

"Ms.Rayas."

"Her class ain't that way."

"I know, I'm not going."

"I wouldn't do that if I was you, you gone get a strike."

"Man ion give a fuck, fuck this school."

"When you get here?"

"This my second day."

"Sheesh, and you already saying fuck this school?"

"Yup."

"Well I'm going to her class too just come on."

Hesitantly Tiana walked towards Ms.Rayas class and the boy knocked on the door. Ms.Rayas answered the door shortly welcoming them both into class.

Tiana walked towards the back where the girl first yesterday sat and where she assumed the boy sat considering that's where he was walking.

Tiana sat down in the open seat and waited for instructions. Ms.Rayas eventually came to the back once she finished giving out the instructions to the rest of the class.

"So we're going to be doing a group project where you pick a place and plan a trip there each of you will have a part that you have to contribute in."

They received the rest of their information for the project and began to work on it .

"Yara this is Tiana."

Yara waved at Tiana causing Tiana to wave back.

"She kinda shy but she'll warm up to you."

Tiana nodded and then asked them what place were they planning on doing.

"Ouuu what about Greece?" Tiana asked

They all agreed and started to name which parts of the assignment they'd be doing. Just as they finished up writing down their assignments the bell rang.

Yara gathered her things and started to walk towards the door but Jaleel stayed back.

"You know where your next class at?" He asked

"No I haven't been to my other classes."

"What class is it?"

"Dumbass art."

"Oh that's right by my class I could take you, if you want"

"Sure"

Tiana and Jaleel walked down the hallways to Tiana's class.

"So why you got sent here."

"fighting. You?"

"disrespecting teachers and staff plus fighting."

Tiana nodded her head, "so how long you been here?"

"About 2 months I'm close to leaving though so"

"What? They can keep you here for 2 months?"

"They can keep you here for a whole school year if they don't feel like you've changed." He chuckled and Tiana hummed in response.

"Well this is your class, I'll see you later?"

Tiana nodded her head yes and walked toward the classroom. When she got to the door a black man that look to be in mid 20s stood at the door.

"Hi, are you in my class?"

"Are you Mr.Lawrence for art?"
.
"Yes that's me. What's your name?"

"I'm Tiana."

"Well hi Tiana I'm Mr.Lawrence I teach art you can come inside and sit wherever you'd like."

Tiana walked inside the classroom and sat all the way in the back, this class was in rows and not in groups.

In front of each persons table was a canvas. Once the teacher walked in he gave instructions. He told the class that they'd be painting anything they'd like too.

Tiana began to draw out what she wanted to paint and oddly enough she found it kind of relaxing.

Once she found her rhythm, Tiana got to finish her drawing before the bell ring.

                                      ఌ

It took me so long to write this😭

Thoughts?

I hated this chapter too...