Salty

Kai

"What has gotten into you?" Hanon asked nervously as I led her inside the house.

"I'm sorry, but this couldn't wait" I said as I sat on the couch.

"What is it?" She frowned and sat down next to me.

"Hanon, this person was the coworker who lied to you?"

"Yes, I told you. Look, it's not important-"

"That person is not who you think he is, Hanon"

The moment I said that I could see her being consumed by panic.

"Hanon, I've seen that person before in that store. He was following me even after I left and when I confronted him he said he was "attracted to me". It happened not too long ago"

"What?"

"Yes, please believe me. He's lied to you again"

"No, I believe you I just-I don't know why he would do this. He's never said anything about being attracted to men and he said he likes me"

She looked down and frowned in confusion.

"Hanon" I held her hands, "I'm afraid that person is lying about everything and is here to find out more about us"

Once she realized what I meant her gaze shot up at me. Her eyes were trembling and I felt her hands tighten under mine, "You think your father is connected to this?"

The terrified look on her face broke my heart, but I didn't want to lie to her. I didn't know what to do.

"It is possible-"

I was cut off by a sigh of disappointment. She covered her face with her hands and fell back on the couch, "I'm such an idiot! Why didn't I think of this?"

"You didn't know-"

"He was overly friendly I should have noticed and he was persistent to drive me home so many times. Thank God I always refused. He obviously wanted to find out my address in a subtle way and confirm we live together. I was so excited and happy that I had a friend and I was too careless-"

"Hanon, hey, Hanon"

I caught her wrists and gently tried to pry her hands off her face. When she finally stopped resisting she slowly pulled her hands away and I saw her tear stained face.

"Hanon-No-don't cry. Please" I pleaded her and took her in my arms.

"I should have known" She shook her head in disappointment. 

"You couldn't have. You still didn't let him take you back so you shouldn't worry. It's okay"

She lifted her head and looked at me, "But he just saw us together"

"It's okay. We are not sure about anything yet"

I was trying to make her feel safer and get her to stop crying, but the truth was, I was also terrified.  I shook my head to get rid of any scary thoughts and focused on running my fingers through her silky hair.

"I'm sorry, Kai. I'm so sorry" She cried and buried her face in my chest, holding onto my shirt.

"It's okay. I promise, it's okay"

"What do we do now?" She asked still sobbing and crying.

"I will take care of it, okay? You trust me?"

"I want to but-"

"Hanon, you don't trust me?"

Please. Please trust me. Please rely on me for once.