Chapter nine

I stood there with Gio behind me and my father across the room

I stood there with Gio behind me and my father across the room. I was completely and utterly dumbfounded after I saw Brielle throw a drink at my father.

I could see Eduardo's hands clench into fists as he looked down at the shattered glass and then, nostrils flaring, began striding right towards me.

"I'm going to kill her," he breathed out in Italian, making my blood boil. I stood in his way and without touching him, I stared at Eduardo, seeing his eyes turn practically black with rage. "Out." He didn't even ask but rather demanded.

"I dare you," I said, making him narrow his eyes at me.

"Nicolas, move now," he tried to push me away but I collected all of my strength and pushed him back, taking him aback by the sudden force inflicted upon him.

"I told you to stay away from her," I began to walk towards him as he took steps back but then regained his true demeanour and stood firmly in one spot. I almost smiled at the sight of the liquor dripping down his dark hair.

Fuck, I was into her.

"I told you to keep your fucking hands away from her yet you go on and take her away in order to taunt her?" He almost rolled his eyes but remained frozen in place.

"I didn't do anything, Nico. She's a fucking distraction to you and the last person I would ever let you mix our blood with," I was taken aback now by the sudden insult. I was used to his threats and meaningless insults directed at me or even in the slightest at Brielle. But saying that I had some sort of obligation to follow his fucked-up traditions and call Brielle an unsuitable match for my future children was drawing the line.

"And let me guess, you think that Allegra is just fucking perfect?" He chuckled as he shook his head, standing a mere foot away from me.

"Allegra is Italian and comes from a good family-"

"Just because Brielle doesn't have her parents anymore due to some kind of conspiracy, doesn't mean she isn't fit to be a mother. Get that in your head, asshole."

"What conspiracy?" Eduardo asked, his brows fairly pinched together.

"Why would you care? You haven't gotten any actual and decent interest in the girl yet it seems that you've been lying about that all of a sudden?"

"And it seems as though you're nowhere near as over her as you are trying to make everyone believe," he said and pressed a finger against my chest. "You will never get the crown if she will be standing next to you. I don't give a single shit if you think that is unfair but my title is under my care and I can do with it whatever it is I wish," I pushed his arm away from me and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Stay the hell away from her. Or else, I won't care about the title and bury you with my own fucking hands," I had no desire in speaking to him about the actual issue I had any more, so the only thing I could do was leave this place indefinitely and take a fucking break. Gio followed me closely behind as I made my way towards the grand stairs. There were guards standing at the very top, conversing amongst themselves. They bowed their heads in respect once I reached the top.