Chapter thirty-three

I rested my head against the passenger door as Nicolas drove towards my house

I rested my head against the passenger door as Nicolas drove towards my house. I held his hand tightly against my chest, while I kept my eyes low. I didn't know where we were, yet didn't exactly care. Nicolas was right beside me and would take care of anything that might come our way.

"Cazzo, amore," I heard him mutter under his breath. I felt the car speed up and turn unexpectedly which made me sit up gently and glance at Nicolas.

"Where are we-"

"Don't worry," he gave me a smile before looking away at the road. I sat up, holding his hand in one of mine, and looked around where we were heading. I frowned once I saw us pass the Rockefeller Centre.

"This is not the way to my house, Nico," I said, fully aware that he knew that too.

"Just be patient, okay?" he placed my hand against his lips. "Trust me," I wanted to smile but felt completely empty inside.

What were the odds that Eduardo was the one to help my father and then after not getting everything back, kill him?

I watched the passing buildings and the cars, which compiled into traffic at this hour. I felt him press my hand harder as he drove the car somewhere, only he knew. He took out his phone and let go of my hand for a second as he spoke.

"Good evening, I'm Nicolas Salucci and I'd like to book the viewing. I'll be there in less than ten minutes," I heard him say and watched the way his jaw clenched as he listened to the other end. "Yes, I'd like that," I knew that he was a powerful man but I guess I underestimated how he'd be treated here. With a snap of his fingers and he got anything he wanted. "Thank you," he hung up and grabbed my hand.

"What was that for?" He kept his eyes on the road and pressed my hand to his lips.

"Patience, love," this time I managed to smile and rested my head against his arm.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the supposed destination which was an underground garage, fully packed with other vehicles. Nicolas got out of the car and headed towards me. Once I was out of the car, he cupped my face and gently wiped my cheeks before kissing my lips.

"You'll be fine, fiore. We'll figure it out later, okay?" He smiled before pecking my lips. I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you," he chuckled before kissing me again.

"I love you more but I suggest you save those pretty words for later," he winked at me before taking my hand in his. "Come on," he led me to an elevator and once we were on the ground floor, we entered New York air which in all honesty was polluted slightly more tonight than before.

He looked both ways before he led me to the other side of the street, and once I looked up, I understood where we were heading. The massive Empire State Building was right before my eyes.

Nicolas pulled me close to him as we made our way past the vast number of people around, some looking at one another at the sight of the famous man at my side. He placed a kiss on my temple before a man opened the doors for us and we entered the building. A woman with blond hair waited for us at the entrance and led us to the elevator which took us up to the top floor.