Chi-Town Is That You?

As I opened the door, I took in the woman who didn't look to be much older than me, her shiny dark hair was pulled up into a high ponytail, sharpening her bare face. She wore an oversized tee with puff print lettering, dark cargo shorts, and Nike dunks.

She gave me a polite smile, "I'm Chicago Viroc—I'll be your RA this year."

I suddenly felt Cher standing behind me, "Chicago, It's so nice to meet you," she said, clearly playing nice to get on her good side.

"Please, everyone calls me Chi," she said as Cher motioned her in.

Cher held out a hand, "I'm Cher," she said as Chicago shook her hand briefly before looking over to me.

"And I'm Sloan," I said, holding out a hand that Chicago briefly held for a handshake.

Chicago chuckled, "If I'm being honest, I already knew your names—I had to memorize everyone's."

I couldn't help but laugh slightly with Cher, "Should've figured that," I said, shaking my head awkwardly as I looked over to Chicago.

Before any of us could say anything else, a voice called out, "No way, Chi-Town is that you?"

We all looked over to Jaden and Jalen who were standing at the open doorway with big grins. I assumed they had come by to meet for Taco Tuesday since our unit is on the way to Karter's and Davis's.

Chicago seemed to be thoroughly ecstatic over their presence, walking over to them and giving them both firm handshakes and a pat on the back.

"Don't tell me you're an RA?" Jaden said, walking further into the apartment with Jalen and Chicago.

Chicago smiled slightly, "Yeah since they had a missing spot, I managed to convince them to let a sophomore do it."

Oh, now that makes sense.

Most RA's are at least juniors, but Chicago visibly looks to be younger—it also makes sense why she knows Jaden and Jalen who are now sophomores this year.

"Bro you can't fuck this up or they'll never let a sophomore RA again," Jalen said.

Jaden nodded, "Facts, you're history in the making."

Chicago rolled her eyes slightly, "Way to not put any pressure on me guys."

Jalen looked over at Cher and me, "I'm telling you, you guys got the best RA ever—me and Chi went to so many parties last year, and had so many girls—"

"Okay now," Chicago cut him short with a narrowed look. "I'm supposed to be responsible, so be chill," she said, looking back to Cher and me.

"Don't tell me you're not going out to any parties, Chi?" Jaden said, crossing his arms over his chest like he was a mom.

The action alone made me laugh slightly.

Chicago shook her head, "Why don't we have this conversation later?" she said, motioning the twins out of the apartment, which only earned dramatic huffs from them.

"It was a trick question! You're not allowed to miss out on parties this year!" Jalen called as they both walked toward the door.

Chicago shook her head, clearly embarrassed by the twin's antics.

"We'll meet you guys at Karter's for Taco Tuesday," Jaden added, and before either of us could say anything, the door was shut and the two twins were gone.

The room was silent for a moment before Chicago finally said, "I take it you know them too?"

Cher and I pursed our lips to hold back our growing smile—the twins always seemed to have the best presence.