Chapter 19

Jackson was quiet most of the morning, and he was more focused on getting ready to go for a run once he'd dropped me off

It was as soon as I'd told him about my date, was this ok to talk about with Jackson? I wasn't sure, there was a line with the guys I was sure of it and maybe this had crossed it, he had been weird all morning.

Maybe he didn't know what to say, I mean the guys accepting I was gay was one thing, but talking about my date with them, this was maybe too much.

I checked my phone but there was no new texts or anything, but I was overthinking it, Jackson had literally just dropped me off

I threw my phone on the side and decided to get dressed, I had a baby blue sweatshirt I put on along with some jeans, it wasn't my most favourite outfit, and that got me thinking a little.

I was about to have a date, a boy come over to my house and I just wasn't... I wasn't excited, why didn't I care?

It felt like a chore, like I didn't want it to happen, as I wandered downstairs, I looked at the clock which read 10:15, he would be here soon, I wondered how long he would stay and mentally calculated how many minutes I'd have to stay with him, what was happening? What was wrong with me?

Mom and dad waved their goodbyes as they headed out with Olivia, she had some gymnastics practice today and they agreed to leave me the house so I could spend time with Tommy, they were good like that but as they got in the car I hoped at least my mom would stay and perhaps rescue me from this date.

I brushed my teeth and did my hair, doing a quick tidy up of my room, and before I knew it the clock was nearing 11 and there was a knock at the door.

Tommy was wearing black, which didn't surprise me, and I wondered if he actually owned anything of colour in his wardrobe, "hey" I said inviting him in, his tail flicked to the side as I offered him a drink

"sure, just some water is fine" I got myself a glass too and gestured for him to come up to my room, it was an odd first date but without a job I only had my allowance to live off, and thanks to Eric and a new phone I had nothing left this month.

"we should have gone somewhere I know, but I don't really have much money at the minute" I offer as a way of explanation stepping into my bedroom

"its ok, this is cool" Tommy says looking around my bedroom, I mean my bedroom wasn't too small, I had my bed over on one side, and it was large enough to have a sofa and a tv sat of a stand at the other end.

I'd got a games console there too which I'd not really played that much, Olivia would sometimes come in and play some games on it, but I wasn't really into gaming, I would rather play music or practice violin, I didn't have time for games, and now with spending so much time with Jackson I hadn't had time to even practice Violin much.

"you play much?" Tommy asks looking over at my violin sat on its display hook

"yeah, although I seem to find less time to play recently" I admitted

Tommy took a seat on my sofa and picked up some of the films off the shelf to the left of him, "we could watch something I guess?" I offered as he rifled through the DVDs, most were quite old and some were Olivia's

"Really?" Tommy smiles holding up the DVD cover to Frozen, "my sisters" I protest, even though I didn't mind the film, but perhaps it wasn't a date film.

"what kind of films are you into?" I asked realising I didn't know too much about him really, the bands he's told me about sounded awful, I hoped his taste in films were at least better.