Chapter 3

AURELIA

Sweating out at the gym doesn't help me calm down one bit. It has only been a day in college and already so much is happening. Already I am dreading it. My blood simmer and swirl everytime I think about last night.

I leave for classes without eating much due to lack of appetite. My stomach is still twisting at the memory of Zander's face and a drop of blood that was probably caused by the big onyx ring on my right hand.

I attend all my lectures with Lydia except for my International relations class during which time she attends her world religion lecture. I am so grateful having found her and we are also joined by her friend Noah in canteen who is a human form of a golden retriever.

"So what brings you here, Aura. All the way to another country,"he asks.

My throat bobs. "Aspirations."

One word answers for the win!

When it is ten minutes to our literature class we start walking towards the building.

That's when I see him.

Sitting on a stone boundary is Zander with Silas and one other guy who look like Travis Barker with all the face tattoos and bald head. Three girls are standing near them...Narnia women, the one who called me Curry and another who just has a resting bitch face .

The trio of mean girls are complete.

From afar also I can see the skin on Zander's face bruised from where the punch must have landed. The internal battle of the worst possible thoughts start in my mind. I go through all the scenarios of reacting to Zander verbally or physically if he decide upon taking the revenge. The best idea is to keep walking and ignore them.

" So you did like the drink huh..princess!", Silas say as soon as he see me, pouring sauce over my idea. He cocks his head and raise his eyebrow at the drink in my hand. I have ordered the same one as yesterday.

Five pair of eyes shoot towards me.

"Yes.", I say avoiding eye contact with any of them.

He gives me a playful wink. "Good and what shall we call you ? I know your name is not Curry."

"Aurelia."

"Ok Aurelia ...you and your friends are invited to Tucker's house for the party", he say jumping on his feet and pointing towards the face tattooed guy.

I nod and Lydia and Noah give them thanks. I hear Zander's chuckle.

"Ditch your carpenter clothes.", the short haired blonde calls in the distance and start laughing joined by her two minions.

I am just glad nothing happened. Jokes and taunts, I can deal with. They laugh at me but I think I don't attract much attention. For them I'm just a girl from India who came on her elephant or something and I'm fine being that. I am more than fine.

"What was that?", Noah ask when we find our seat.

" They are bullying Aura for nothing ", Lydia tell him.

"You okay?", he ask me in a concerned voice.

"Yeah Don't worry about it."

"You're going to show up for the party then?"

"Not a chance.", I affirm as Prof. Desai begin the lecture .

The rest of the day goes by peacefully and I think maybe Zander realized his mistake and that's why he has not said a thing.

Not sparing much thought to it , I put on my shoes and wash up to get ready for my canteen shift. When I reach there, I find Mrs. Donovan calming down a lady whose son got into an accident.