Chapter 21

AURELIA

Zander was still asleep when I woke up in the morning. It was seven. The Sun was shining directly on his face through the windows at the back of the couch he was comically sleeping in. He looked like he fell from the fourth floor of the building. He was softly snoring and drooling at the same time.

I closed the blinds ,careful not to make a sound. Rummaging through the box of clothes that Melanie gave me earlier I picked a fancy white blouse and a navy pencil skirt. I rolled my eyes at the elitist clothing but I had no choice.

Jean was dancing around in the kitchen when I stepped in to help her with breakfast like the previous day. Two other girls who were probably of my age were setting the tea trays.

"Somebody's in a good mood," I smiled at her making her stop abruptly and blush.

"Miss...I mean Aura. Good morning. You look beautiful. "

"I ran out of clothes."

"Perfect...you look fantastic!", I heard Melanie's voice from behind."I wish you would stay today." She pouted.

"I can't ...I really have to study. I didn't even start working on the sociology assignments."

"Fine. Next Saturday then."

"We'll see"

" No...Anne will see.", she winked and left with a glass of orange juice. Ohh so that's where he got it from.

I slipped two breads in the toaster and opened the cabinet above to pick up the glass for cold coffee. Jean makes the world's best cold coffee. I turned around only to be startled by the tall figure that stood just behind me. I dropped the glass but he catches it just in time. I cursed under my breath.

"That's not very ladylike," Zayn mocked giving me the glass back.

He was wearing just grey jogger pants that was hanging low on his waist. The two girls were now giggling and blushing, gawking at his carved abs and defined muscles that were glistening with dampness. His hair was pushed back sticking at the end of his neck and a drop of water was running down his left temple.

"Yeah and that's no way to approach a lady. Put your British mannerisms back",   I said squarely.

"You look pretty you know. "He took a few steps back to give me some space. I handed the glass to Jean.

"You wouldn't have looked so bad yourself  if you cared to put a t-shirt on." I looked over his shoulders at the girls. Pathetic.

"I would say miss Aurelia is rather harsh in her judgment." He came close to me and whispered "may be she is jealous "

I shifted my sight at him and glared.

"O...ohkk may be not jealous. Just judging."he said taking few more steps back.

"Not just judging. Judging you in Gucci" I mocked and we both started laughing.

......

"We are coming at your place. We want to know EVERYTHINGGGGG", Lee screamed in the group video call.

"Yes sis spill the damn British tea," Raven singed.

The only humane reaction was from Brie who majorly laughed at their whole reaction.

An hour later they were on my front door. I already informed Anne that I will be having some friends over and weirdly she asked if that friend was Zander. I laughed so much and she hung up the phone all sad. Bobby wasn't back from his trip yet so we won't be disturbing anyone.

"...So yeah it was only at the breakfast table this morning that we really met and chatted a bit about Russian and Spanish literature...that's it...ohh yeah he came to drop me as well because I already had a bag and then Melanie gave me one more full of her clothes." I skipped the whole thing about my nightmares and how he handled it later and the fact that we slept in the same room and that we finally shared a heartily laugh together.