Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine | Bed Rest

Date 📆 June 2023

Liked by nikkigarcia, kandifatu, romanreigns, and 3,183,851 others fahayramattioanoai Thank you everyone for your well wishes

fahayramattioanoai Thank you everyone for your well wishes. It's good to finally be home from the hospital. The biggest message I got from this week is to prioritize your health! You can't just go and go. If you don't God will sit you right down and make you figure it out. Road to recovery...❤️💪🏾
View all 11,237 comments

"This isn't going to stop me from divorcing you," Fahayra tells Joe as he carries her back into bed.

"Stop, you need me right now so stop talking about leaving me when you're in no condition to do that," Joe said.

Fahayra rolled her eyes.

"I've been doing this for years while you're on the road, Joe, don't act like you're such a big help around here," Fahayra said.

"I do my part when I'm home, Fahayra," Joe said.

"You mean your two households," Fahayra said.

Joe shakes his head. After the doctor told Fahayra she had to be placed on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy.

Joe thought it was a chance for them to work on their marriage and show her how much she means to him.

But Fahayra wasn't making it easy for him to be there for her.

Fahayra's bleeding was due to the drama which caused the babies to be in distress and now Fahayra had been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia, gestational hypertension, and other pregnancy complications due to large fibroids.

Joe is extremely worried about Fahaura and the babies. He could lose her or the babies, probably all three if he doesn't step up to the plate and make changes. He was going to be here for her whether she wanted him to be or not.

"Stop it. You need to be stress-free so stop talking about the situation and let me be here for you," He said.

"It's my mouth and I'll talk about whatever I want to talk about, thank you very much," She said.

Joe sighed.

"You're trying to be difficult when we nearly lost our babies. We need to be supporting each other instead of being hateful," He said.

"You have lost your damn mind," She said.

"I'm about to lose my mind if you don't relax and let me take care of you," He said.

"Okay now, you're starting to piss me off," She said as she takes off her wedding ring, throwing the diamond ring across the room, it clinked off the coffee table and fall into the bedroom carpet.

"Why would you do that?" He asked her.

"Why would you cheat?" She replied.

"I felt undervalued," He said.

"What?" She asked.

"I felt like I wasn't appreciated as a person by you so I cheated with Galina for that praise and recognition," He explained.

He flinched hearing the glass vase of flowers shattering as it hit the wall.

"Get out!" She yelled.

Fahayra couldn't stand to look at her husband or even begin to process that he cheated on her because he felt undervalued in her life. When everything she did was for him.

"I've done nothing but be a faithful and good wife to him and this is what it gets me? Cheated on. Since the day we met, I've only wanted you! I've always been Team Joe and catered to all your needs and now you're telling me I didn't make you feel worthy. Man fuck you," She said to him with tears streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry, she means nothing to me. I promise it won't happen again," He said, his voice calm but broken.

"Fourteen years, Joe," She said, muffling a sob.

"I'm sorry," He said.

Fahayra spent years speaking to him about what was and wasn't working for them, and asking how they could improve, but wasn't given a substantial answer – or much acknowledgment.

Now he wants to sit here and say that he was unsatisfied with her but instead of working it out.

He chose to go find someone to satisfy his needs.

"I'm sorry, Fahayra, if I could I go back and never cheat on you. I love you. Please don't leave me, don't give up on us," He pleaded, tears in his eyes.

"I...I can't. Trust me, a part of me wants to be with you but you have hurt me to the core with this," She managed to speak before a loud sob exploded from her chest. "You broke me, Joe. I don't even believe that you ever love me," She said.

He jumped up and moved towards her, he just wanted to hold her and make the pain go away.

"Joe, don't," She whispered, holding her hand up to keep him from coming near her. "You caused this and now you have to live with it," She told him.

"No, I love you and I'm going to make this right between us. I'm fighting for our marriage, Fahayra," He said before he got up and picked her wedding ring off the floor. "Don't give up," He added.