Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen | The Royal Treatment

Date 📆 June 2023

Fahayra and the kids had landed in London. Joe has sent a car to pick them up from the airport. He had a meeting with creatives so he wasn't able to come and pick them up.

Fahayra was approached by a man dressed in a black suit, who let her know he was sent by her husband to take them to the house. Fahayra made sure she sent Joe a text to let him know she and the kids had landed and were on their way to the house Joe had rented for the week for them in London.

"Thank you for coming to get us," Fahayra told the man.

"You're welcome," The man said as they made the quick walk to where a 2024 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter was parked.

Once all their luggage was in the van, Fahayra made sure the kids were buckled in and comfortable before letting the man drive off.

"Mom, are we going straight to the hotel or can we go sightseeing because I want to see Prince George?" Karimah asked her mother.

Fahayra shakes her head with a chuckle.

"Hotel, first. Second, what do you know about Prince George? And girl don't let your father hear you talking about a boy, he'll have a heart attack," Fahayra answered.

Karimah shrugged.

"Well, I guess he'll just have to have a heart attack because I want to see Prince George, I'm trying to be a real-life princess," Karimah said.

Fahayra laughed.

After a forty-six-minute car ride, the van came to a stop in the driveway of the house. The house, which is set behind electronic gates with a carriage driveway and off-street parking for several cars.

"This is a pretty house," Joelle said as they got out of the van.

The driver grabbed the bags and walked up to the door. Fahayra pulled out her phone and typed in a key code that Joe had sent her and the door unlocked. The driver sat their bags down.

"Enjoy the rest of your day, ma'am!" He said.

"Thank you once again," Fahayra said as she handed him a tip for his service.

"You're welcome," He said before he closed the door behind him.

"Okay, two per room," Fahayra told the kids.

The house comprises seven bedrooms and five bathrooms arranged spaciously over four floors.

The kids nod and proceeded to run to pick out their rooms with the person they want to share the room with. The youngest child stayed next to Fahayra, which was Joe's son with Galina. He was number nine and would probably have to stay with Joe.

"Come on, Holt, let's go check out the kitchen," Fahayra said, holding out her hand for Holt to take.

Holt takes her hand. They walk down the hallways looking for the kitchen.

They finally found the impressive entrance hall that leads into a vast kitchen/dining/family room with direct access to the terrace and rear garden, epitomizing modern family living. 

There is a further reception room at the front of the property as well as a separate study, cloakroom, and access to the internal garage.

The lower ground floor benefits from a self-contained studio apartment, perfect for an au pair or housekeeper, complete with its own private terrace.

In addition, there is a temperature-controlled wine cellar, utility room with a second kitchen, fully equipped gym, and a media room with a home cinema.

"Oh, this is a nice kitchen, what do you think, Holt?" Fahayra asked him.

"Nice," Holt replied.

Fahayra smiled as they walked around the kitchen.

"Should we cook or tell Daddy to bring us some food on his way home?" Fahayra asked Holt.

"No cooking," Holt answered.

Fahayra nods and pulls out her phone, texting Joe to bring home a family meal because she wasn't cooking.

"Okay done, let's go check out the master bedroom," Fahayra tells Holt.

They find the master bedroom and Holt immediately runs to jump on the king-size bed.

"Oh wow, I need this bed at home," Fahayra said as she touched the soft bed.

The master bedroom spanning more than 1,000 square feet boasts two dressing rooms and a beautiful en suite bathroom with exquisite Italian marble throughout.

There are two further bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor and three further bedroom suites on the top floor.

Fahayra yawns after she finished unpacking.

"Okay, Holt, I need to take a nap," Fahayra tells him.

Holt looks up from his Ipad and nods.

"Good night," Holt tells her before returning his attention to the Ipad.

Fahayra giggles before laying down under the covers and closing her eyes.