Sweet like soju-Jay ENHYPEN 🔞

Requested by: Injanghan

Hope you enjoy 😊

"Cheers!" everyone said in unison as you all clanked shot glasses together and downed the soju in them. Well, except for you. You had soda in yours.

Your boyfriend, Jay, had invited you to dinner with some of his other close friends from university which were Jake, Sunghoon and Heeseung. It was already past 11pm and everyone else wanted to drink. You had no intention of getting drunk that night since you had an exam to study for that was happening the following morning. Everyone else's schedules were free (in reality, most, if not all of them didn't care about any of their own homework).

"C'mon, (Y/N)! Let loose a little! Just a couple shots of soju won't hurt!" Jake, the other foreign boy aside from Jay, teased.

"Fuck off, Jake," Jay hissed, which earned some giggles from Sunghoon and Heeseung. "(Y/N) doesn't have to drink if they don't want to."

You couldn't help but crack a slight smile at your boyfriend's words. He was quite protective of you, but you loved that about him. He's been that way ever since you guys first met in your math class.

"It's okay, Jake. I know I should be having more fun with you guys tonight, but I'm serious! This exam is a decent chunk of my grade!" you said. "And as for you, mister!"

You turned to Jay next to you and placed a hand on his shoulder before reaching up to give him a peck on the cheek. His cheeks tinged a light pink.

"You don't have to defend me all the time, babe," you reassured him.

Jake elbowed Sunghoon next to him. "Get a load of this guy. He's blushing."

"Fuck you," Jay retorted, igniting an argument between the three of them.

You sat back this time and let it happen, rolling your eyes at your boyfriend's immature tendencies. Heeseung then leaned over to you.

"Ignore them, (Y/N)," Heeseung whispered just loud enough for you to hear. "They bicker like this all the time."

"Not surprised," you replied. "Jay's told me about some of your guys' arguments."

"Me? Nah," Heeseung laid back with his arms crossed and chin confidently in the air. "I'm the oldest among them. I also act more maturely."

You raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Really now? Jay has mentioned a couple times that you're the whiniest."

Heeseung put his chin back down to face you and dropped his crossed arms, pouting. "Am not!"

You giggled. "You're proving his point right now."

Your little conversation with Heeseung was cut off when you suddenly heard someone holler, "I win!" followed by a resonant burp. Both of your heads turned to the rest of the group, not realizing what had happened.

Jake held two fists in the air victoriously while Jay had his head in his hands. Sunghoon sat and marveled at the horrific sight while he rested his chin in his hand.

Apparently, the argument from earlier somehow escalated to Jake and Jay competing to see who could finish fifteen shots of soju faster. Thirty empty but wet shot glasses were scattered across the table. You checked up on Jay, who had been silent for a good minute.

"Jay, babe, are you alright?" you leaned in to ask him.

"(Y/N), I don't feel too good," Jay mumbled in return.

You turned to the rest of the group who was busy conversing.

"I'm a good heavyweight drinker, yeah? Jay had no chances, look at him!" Jake laughed.