34

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."

―Jimi Hendrix

! ( This act will have flashbacks marked by the day: Day 1 is when the dropship landed, Day 52 is when Season 2 ended, and Day 137 is the start of Season 3 ) !

Day 55

The first few days of being back at Camp Jaha were relatively calm, despite the new group of teenagers. The grounders had been quiet since Mount Weather, but luckily Lincoln had found his way back to them without being harmed. Despite the lack of attacks from her people, it was still considered dangerous to be too far from the camp; Astoria and Bellamy were never ones to stray away from a little danger, however.

They were moving through the woods, Astoria leading the way and Bellamy just behind her with his rifle slung over his shoulder (Abby said it would be another week before Astoria could use her bow, and she didn't dare pick up one of the large weapons), on their way to the same cave she once called home. She thought if she was going to live at Camp Jaha indefinitely, she would want to have all her belongings in her and Raven's shared room—not that she was using it much.

For the three nights they've spent at camp, Astoria had slept in Bellamy's room. Raven called them insufferable, because whenever she wanted to speak with her roommate, Bellamy was most likely looming over her shoulder. The clinginess would lessen over time, Raven knew that, but she wished they'd get into one of their pointless fights and at least give one another some time alone.

She had been trying to talk to Astoria about her radiation sickness, but she never was able to catch the grounder on her own. When she showed her the two files—that were stuffed between her bed frame and mattress—Raven tried to convince her to show Abby. But Astoria wanted time to bask in the peaceful aftermath of the Mount Weather war before she was swallowed up by her incoming death. Abby was most likely going to tell her that there was nothing to be done, and Astoria wanted to ignore that fact for a little while longer.

"I've been meaning to ask you when you stole that jacket," Bellamy pivoted the conversation from the risky topic of guns they had been on (he wanted her to take a rifle, and she told him there was no need for them both to be so heavily armed). Astoria smiled from in front of him.

She still wore his jacket, and until then he hadn't mentioned it. "A few days after you left for Mount Weather," she answered truthfully, stepping over a tree root and looking back to make sure Bellamy didn't trip over it. "You haven't worn it since the dropship, I didn't think you'd miss it."

"It just looks good on you, that's all," he flirted, and she rolled her eyes. They had spent the last three nights sleeping—strictly sleeping. Both of them were exhausted, but Astoria knew that Bellamy was getting angsty. It was fun to watch, and she wondered how long she'd be able to keep him waiting.