10

"What sound does a tree make when a man takes his axe to it? Does it cry when it hits the ground in pain?"

―Paul Bamikole

They had about two hours from when the dark clouds could be seen in the distance to when the storm truly began, but none of them could focus on preparing the camp. Not when the only thing stopping Finn from bleeding out onto the dropship floor was Lincoln's blade; the knife that no one was brave enough to remove from his side.

Astoria had left Clarke and Raven to attend to him, instead deciding to take on the job of making sure all one hundred of the teenagers were inside the dropship when the blonde finally gave the order to shut the door. She wasn't sure any of them would know how to survive if they were locked out in a storm like the one they were currently in.

She rushed to help two of the older boys when the tarp that acted as their door blew through one of its bindings, and in the commotion no one flinched away at her presence. She was able to help them secure it back into place, and once she was sure they both had it under control she took a step closer to the outside, blocking her eyes from the harsh rain with her arm to scan the area.

Her clothes and hair were already soaked from being out earlier, and her socks were soggy in her shoes. So, she didn't think too much before going back out into the storm.

"Get in the dropship, now!" she called out to a small group that were still gathering their things from their tents, and they were quick to finish up and listen to her. Everyone finding her intimidating, or completely terrifying, finally came in handy, because none of the teenagers were going to argue with her when she told them to get to where they were suppose to be.

She turned back to the main entrance of the camp after watching the last few teens escape into the dropship, and her eyes immediately squinted at the shadows of people approaching. She figured it was Bellamy and the small group he had taken out just before the rain began to pour down like bullets, but when her eyes were able to focus on the limp figure being dragged along by two of the boys her blood managed to turn hot beneath her frozen skin.

"Yu stumucha!" she roared, rushing to try anything she could to free Lincoln, though two arms gripped her sides to stop any advances. She let out an angered scream, knowing it was Bellamy that had her—no one else would dare touch her, let alone fully pick her up off her feet—and making sure her elbow swung back into his nose with an extra amount of force. He dropped her at the impact, a groan of pain leaving his lips as he brought a hand up to check for any blood. Astoria swung around quickly before bringing her hands to his chest and pushing him back a few feet, "You're an idiot!"

"Calm down—" he tried, though the words only seemed to anger her more. She swung her arm back to strike him across the face, but Bellamy caught her fist and pushed it down to her side, keeping a hold of it as he grabbed her other wrist and forcibly pulled her to the side. "I need you to calm down—"